cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since Wednesday

David_W
Rising Star

No internet since Wednesday

I've had no internet since Wednesday (CHAP error, it refuses my login).  I've gone through the phoning plusnet and such and was told "we'll get back in touch with you within 48 hours to tell you whats wrong", 47 hours later I phone up and am told "oh no, when we say 48 we really mean 72 hours".  I really would just like my internet to work again!
I can currently log in to bt_test@startup_domain but not bt_test_user@f9.co.uk (or my login) and it all started when I couldn't log into the portal.
I've been looking at my tickets with my mobile over 2G (very slow, please make a mobile site!) and nothing is happening, so can someone figure out the problem please and give me my internet back, I'm having to use my sisters and she's with TalkTalk so it's like, really evil Sad
Oh, and now I can't log in to webmail either, I was told "oh no, it's nothing to do with your inability to log in to the portal" but it seems like my user id's have been deleted off your system, all of them, including my email, blergh.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 25

Re: No internet since Wednesday

Or somebody has hacked your account and changed the passwords?  Since you now know exactly what is wrong, why not phone Plusnet and get them to reset your password(s).  If they can do that then your user ID must still be on the system.  If they cannot then they can see what is wrong and have no excuse for further delays.
David_W
Rising Star

My account has not been hacked, my username and password were unchanged, they just refuse to work.  I phoned up to ask for FRIACO to be added to my account (so I could at least use dialup, which I'm on now) and that doesn't work either, it's like my username and password are being rejected for anything and everything.
/edit - to clarify I'm using a 3rd party dial up connection not PN's as PN's wont actually work.
/edit 2 - now using PN dial up, turned out they gave me the Plusnet number not Force9.  Dial up is faster than 2G though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 25

Quote from: David
......... my username and password were unchanged, they just refuse to work.

You mean you have not changed them; you cannot possibly know that they have not been changed by some other agency.  So I hold by my advice to ask for a password reset. 
David_W
Rising Star

A nice man from PN read this post and worked out it was due to me being on Force9 and not PlusNet, changes they made did something which couldn't work because I'm Force9.
The odds of me being hacked were very low, especially as one needs to confirm your password when you call PlusNet so if my password had changed they would have told me the password was incorrect.