cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet, no customer service. Please help.

AngryCustomer

No internet, no customer service. Please help.

Hello

I set up a Plusnet broadband for by my elderly mum and it is her lifeline to stay in touch with the family via Skype.

However, it hasn't worked for days. I've logged a ticket. Noone has repsonded.  Speaking to a human being involves +30 minutes wait only to be cut off. The chat function doesn't work.  And the link to the router guides doesn't work either. Please PLEASE can someone help me.

So the history was, the modem didn't connect at all.  All lights flashing or red. So my brother replaced the microfilter on the modem, and all the lights are now showing ok, except for the second light.  The ethernet. Please can someone help me with this. We've been using Plusnet relatively problem free since 2010, but I don't know what to do. Do I need a replacement cable or modem. I don't care which. I just need to get my mum online again.  I think the modem is a Thomson TG 585 V7 or V8.. I can't remember... and i can't see where on my account i can view this.

Many thanks in advance for any help received.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: No internet, no customer service. Please help.

Just picking up on one point in your post, @AngryCustomer - his your mums computer connected to the internet - by cable from the router, or by wireless? If it is by wi-fi, the ethernet light will not be lit.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there

I'm picking their ticket up for you now. I'll respond on their account here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Gandalf Thanks - I missed the reference to a ticket on this, so was just trying to start the help process.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries John

It looks it may be an authentication issue

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngryCustomer

Many thanks for your responses.  Very VERY much appreciated.  I have a family member heading down to my mums in the next couple of days to go through the steps we've been messaged by Plusnet helpdesk. Fingers crossed it'll work and she'll be back on Skype soon. Thanks so much for your help. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Smiley

Just wondering how it went?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AngryCustomer

Hello

Thank you so much for your help. And apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  A couple family members weren't able to fix it but I'm going home end of next week to go through the steps you gave me.  Let's see... (I'm paying for a service my Mum can't use at the mo Sad  . 

cheers for now...and fingers crossed