Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet light on router

polygor38
Grafter

No internet light on router

Hi.
Reported slow speed and dropouts earlier today and was told to wait four hours before seeing an improvement.
I now find that there's no internet light on the router.
Please flag up.
5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No internet light on router

Hello @polygor38

Sorry to hear you cannot connect to the internet.

I believe you have called us early this morning and we've sent you an email with a few checks to do. If you still experience problems I would recommend getting a fault raised up to us at http://faults.plus.net

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
polygor38
Grafter

Your phone line fault checker fails to complete every time I use it. Meanwhile, my download speed has dropped from 0.8 mb to 0.4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Because of the way your line is performing, it seems that your connection has been banded to around 576Kbps. We can reset this, however as there's a lot of errors on your line it's likely that your line will be banded again.

Provided that you have run the checks, I'd raise at faults.plus.net. Let me know once that has been done and I'll ensure that ball rolls as quick as possible.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
polygor38
Grafter

As mentioned previously, the fault checker process doesn't complete and I get an "oops, something has gone wrong" message.
I'd be extremely grateful if you could get this problem fixed soonest as I have an autistic son who uses YouTube a lot.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've been testing your broadband; the circuit is banded as Matty has suggested, likely caused by the drops in the connection. I'll raise a fault ticket on your account with the checks that you can respond to.

I'll then get it picked up ASAP.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button