cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet light on hub

a780
Dabbler

No internet light on hub

All the lights are on except for the internet, I have tried all the online fixes and nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

We switched to plusnet a month ago and have had nothing but problems ever since!

This hasn't been working for 2 days now 

28 REPLIES 28
a780
Dabbler

Slow internet???

Hi,

I have just switched over to Plusnet and the internet is painfully slow.. to the point pages are just not loading. How do I upgrade my package or is this an internet issue?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow internet???

Welcome to the forums, @a780 . A little more information would be helpful. Can you run through this thread:https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501, and report the details requested?

John
jab1
Legend

Re: No internet light on hub

What were the results of the tests requested in the topic I posted on your previous topic? A reply to that one may have negated the need for this one.

John
a780
Dabbler

Hi John,

I tried everything from the last topic to fix the internet being slow but nothing improved it was still ridiculously slow. This time there is no light for the internet on the router meaning I have to still connect to mobile data

jab1
Legend

But you didn't post the information back here, as was requested, and would have possibly given some of the more experienced users a chance to help.

As to the current problem: Try disconnecting from the internet via the router interface, wait a couple of minutes, turn the power to the router of, wait a bit again, then reverse the procedure.

John
a780
Dabbler

Sorry, I tried numerous methods from other posts so I thought there would be no fix. I have done this consistently for 2 days and still no luck

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In which case, its time to revert to the basics step by step and report your findings please.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

The link I  posted in that original thread gives a structured approach to tackling the problem, and reporting the results enables others to offer suggestions or help based on experience. The way you are working at the moment merely creates more confusion.

John
a780
Dabbler

I have done what the member of staff had suggested by checking the connection status, it says DSL down and wont let me connect. We don't have a landline as we wanted purely the broadband, I will purchase a landline to see if this fixs the problem. 

jab1
Legend

I see no staff input either here or on your other topic, and you have not mentioned it previously, nor have you mentioned 'DSL down' - which changes the direction of this discussion somewhat!

John
a780
Dabbler

There was a reply I just cannot see it now! I am not tech savvy, I have no idea what any of this means, I am just trying to follow instructions to get this sorted, thank you

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For clarity you do have a land line - it would appear that you do not have a telephone hand set. Without such you cannot do the very basic ‘is there a dial tone’ test.

Regardless of that you could run the phone line fault diagnostic as per the link in my previous post.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Two threads by the OP merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @a780 

I'm sorry for the problems with your connection. I can see you've reported a fault with your phone online and we've passed this onto our suppliers and we've been given an estimated response time of by 15/07/20 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further. Let us know if you're still having issues once that's fixed so we can investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet