cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet in Sale for 2 plusnet user in Sale Manchester since 12 Aug

FredinSale
Hooked

No internet in Sale for 2 plusnet user in Sale Manchester since 12 Aug

On Friday evening I lost the internet because  the router failed  to start a PPP session.At the same time my son who lives a mile up the road also lost the internet with the same symptoms and we have both between ever since. We are both on the Sale Manchester Exchange. After trying various routers the server it was failing to connect was acc-aln1.mr-sal.21cn-infra.bt.net. Over the 36 hours both of us have observed intermittently established sessions, none of which lasted for more than a second or two. It would from the name of the server that this is in the BT network. When I rang on Saturday I was informed that "BT Wholesale don't work on Sunday" Is this true? If any member of Plusnet staff are listening the 2 questions open are 131557715 & 13154867

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No internet in Sale for 2 plusnet user in Sale Manchester since 12 Aug

Testing your line is showing a pretty solid connection since around 8pm last night, still having issues?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FredinSale
Hooked

Re: No internet in Sale for 2 plusnet user in Sale Manchester since 12 Aug

First of all Chris many thanks for replying. Yes still issues..I can reply to you courtesy of my neighbour who has allowed me to use her wireless. Today no action after 72 hours so I called up and the issue was elevated. Monitoring during the day the initial problem seemed to be resolved in that CHAP authentication succeded and sessions were established with servers all of whom had IP addresses owned by plusnet (146.198.101.70, 148.198.101.77, 51.09.89.103, 143.159.153.194) but the session were almost immediately dropped. I rang again and asked if someone from the fault team dealing with it would give me a call. This was promised but never happened. At 2:22 the ticket was updated saying "your suppliers have reset the connection" "reboot your router" and "try another router".  I did all this and still no internet. At 2:37 the status was updated to say an engineer visit was required. So I rang back and asked why an engineer visit was necessary and requested that either of the 2 fault team members ring me to explain why an engineer visit was necessary since as you remarked the line was solid so the problem is in the network i.e outside my premises. No one has rung me so I have a useless engineer visit booked for Friday (which will mean 7 days without internet). The OpenReach engineer will no doubt confirm that it's not a line problem but will no doubt not have the expertise to fix it so will it will be another 3 days before anything happens (because BT Wholesale don't work weekends),

All in all I feel I have suddenly entered into a Kafka novel where nobody will explain what exactly is going on. I worked 36 years in the computer industry many of them as a Level 3 support on operating systems. Our SLA stated that we had to respond to a A priority bug (system not operational) within 24 hours and provide either a patch or a workaround. If we couldn't meet this we had to tell the customer why and keep him informed of the progress at regular intervals.

I have had 6 years of service from Plusnet without any problems or if there were problems they were resolved quickly & efficiently. This incident suggests to me that there are a class of problems that Plusnet cannot handle efficienly. I have a friend who works for Swedish Telecom at a very high level. I will ask him how they would have dealt with this issue. I will post his response here

Also my son has the same issue but his question cannot be linked with mine (data protection). I have asked how many Plusnet customers are on the Sale Exchange and how many have reported problems. The call responders have no way of looking at this (it's a simple SQL query select ... where phoneno like '01619'). Perhaps something to look at as  n faults of the same type would give you greater leverage in getting BT off it's a**e.

Sorry for the length of this but I am getting mightly frustated ... seriously considering Virgin