cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for several days

philnoyce

No internet for several days

Having been with Plusnet for 12 days now, my broadband has been completely out of action for nearly half of that time. I've logged a number of tickets with support and each time have been promised callbacks once a date has been confirmed when my broadband will be back in action (which haven't happened), but I'm still completely in the dark as to when the problem will be resolved.
Is it possible to escalate this issue somehow, as I'm getting incredibly frustrated with the lack of action.
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No internet for several days

Hi there,
Really sorry about the long delay. This is due to a tags query that we're looking into with our suppliers for you.
There's a member of our provisioning team has taken ownership of chasing this up for you today so please bear with us and keep an eye on ticket 74761568 for further updates soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
philnoyce

Thanks for the response. I received an update to the ticket yesterday, but I'm still yet to get anywhere with this - I appreciate that this issue is with someone else rather than within the Plusnet network, but it's now been over a week without any internet. Is it possible to escalate it with the third party somehow? Thanks.
philnoyce

More than a week later, I'm still in exactly the same position. As I understand it, the issue is with BT Wholesale, and as such there's "little that can be done" to escalate the issue further.
However, this doesn't excuse the fact that I have been promised updates (which have either not been received at all, or I have had to contact you to chase on the whole) and the simple fact remains that I have no broadband, and have had no broadband for over 3 weeks.
If someone is willing to take responsibility for sorting this out by the end of tomorrow, and is able to explain to me why this is taking so long and provide me with a date of when it will be sorted, then I'll be (reasonably) happy. Otherwise I will be cancelling and finding an alternative ISP, as this is an unacceptable situation, whether it's a BT Wholesale issue or not - my contract is with Plusnet.
P.S. My phone line was supposed to be ported to Plusnet on 24/9, as I understand it this hasn't happened, and I have received no communication indicating whether this has happened or not (my old provider seem to think they still own the phone line too).
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Really sorry that this has taken so long and even more sop for the lack of responses. I will feedback on this as it is not the standards we set.
I am happy to oversee this for you to make sure your services get up and running.
There was an issue with a TAG on your line that stopped us being able to place an order, this has now been removed and I've placed the order for your broadband.
This will complete on the 11th October, this is the standard lead time and we can't bring this forward I'm afraid.
Looking at your account I presume you have your own router as there isn't one due to be sent out?
philnoyce

Thank you for getting back to me. I was told that the lead time for getting the broadband reactivated would be 24 hours once the TAG had been removed from the line, rather than a week?? Also, can you confirm when the phone line is expected to switch to over to Plusnet?
I already have a router, I'm not expecting anything to be sent out.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The broadband will take 5-7 working days to activate, apologies if you've been informed different. I'll take a look through your account and make sure that we update anybody that has informed you that on the correct timescales.
Once your broadband has become active then we'll be able to place an order for your phone line, this takes around 15 days to complete.
This is the quickest way to do things and to get your broadband activated at the earliest point.
Apologies if it's not what you wanted to hear.
philnoyce

Hello,
It's 3.30 on the 11th, and I still have no internet. I appreciate that we're not at the end of the business day yet, so there's still a chance that it could be activated today - I've tried calling to confirm that the line will be reactivated today, but unfortunately I can't spare the 40 minutes of queuing that the IVR on the phones is currently stating.
Are you able to confirm that my broadband is definitely going to be reactivated today?
Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I tried to call you but didn't get an answer and had no option to leave a voicemail.
I've checked on your account and there has been an issue when the order was placed, sorry it wasn't noticed earlier.
We've placed a new order and have arranged to have this expedited, this mean it will now complete on Tuesday 15th October.
I'll be checking on this first thing Monday to make sure all ok.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've placed an expedited order, I'm waiting on confirmation for this. As soon as I have it I shall let you know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've received notification that the expedite has been accepted, unfortunately due to this being after 4.30pm it has been processed for tomorrow which means this will complete on Wednesday 16th.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your order is due to complete today, I'll keep an eye on it and let you know when it's completed.
philnoyce

It started working again last night in the end...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm surprised it came on that early but glad to see it did.
Sorry for the delay.