cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for more than a week

Kbam

No internet for more than a week

I've been a broadband+phone customer with Plusnet since May 2016. 

In May this year I moved house and took my contract with me. All worked fine until 10 days ago, when my internet stopped working. 

I've since spent several hours on the phone to Plusnet since and been given a variety of different diagnoses - and eventually referred to the Faults team last Friday - but have yet to hear anything back at all. 

Finally I was told there was a fault on our line and that it was BT's responsibility - but that BT would have fixed this by midnight on 3 August. However it has not been fixed. 

This is becoming a real problem as I am on call for work 24/7 and - because there is extremely poor mobile signal in my area - am totally dependent on the internet to stay contactable. 

I'm really concerned that I've been given so many different explanations by Plusnet and STILL have no internet, and no contact about why BT has failed to fix the fault. 

Could I please get an update on this?

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No internet for more than a week

Hi @Kbam,

A warm welcome to the forums.  There are a number of things which could be in play here; they need to be eliminated to identify the one which is causing you the issue.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Which router have you got?

What are the lights on the router doing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No internet for more than a week

Hi there,

It looks like you were online again shortly after this post, are you still having issues?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.