cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 5 weeks - no one owning my issue worst service ever received

thomasshaw84
Dabbler

Re: No internet for 5 weeks - no one owning my issue worst service ever received

Hi, thanks for the message.

If I go to the advanced settings tab there isn't a broadband sub-tab to input my credentials, see attachment. 

Tom 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No internet for 5 weeks - no one owning my issue worst service ever received

@Baldrick1 You may be thinking of the Hub 1, however looking at the pic @thomasshaw84 has just posted he has a Hub 0.

If you have not already done so, it may be worth changing the password in the member  centre to a shorter and simpler one without any special characters ie just letters and numbers.

thomasshaw84
Dabbler

Hi @Mustrum thanks. I just changed my password to a simple alphanumeric one and tried again - same result (see 2 attachments).

Tom

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@thomasshaw84 ah, that is a shame, with luck your new router should arrive tomorrow.

I don't spose you have any other routers you could try, and BT HH works ok on PN, but some others may be locked to the ISP it came from?

thomasshaw84
Dabbler

Hi,

I received the new router today, I've set up and followed the steps and still have exactly the same issue.

What do we do now?

Tom

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tom.

That's a bit disappointing. Discussing this with one of my colleagues the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit.

Can you reply to the text message and/or to the response to the ticket I've sent?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thomasshaw84
Dabbler

HI @Gandalf - i have replied to the text message. 

One thought - can you explain why the phone I have plugged in to the same socket doesn't work? I get a dial tone - but cannot ring out to normal numbers. When I dial 17070 from it it tells me the number is [Removed] which is not the number plusnet gave me. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Telephone number removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers Tom. I've booked the visit in for tomorrow morning.

can you explain why the phone I have plugged in to the same socket doesn't work? I get a dial tone - but cannot ring out to normal numbers. When I dial 17070 from it it tells me the number is [Removed] which is not the number plusnet gave me. 

In that case there's likely a crossed line problem somewhere which would explain why you're unable to connect to the internet. Hopefully the engineer visit tomorrow can fix this quickly.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Telephone number removed from a public forum.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thomasshaw84
Dabbler

@Gandalf thanks for arranging the visit so fast. Appreciated.

I did mention the telephone issue on the first call with tech support a few weeks ago (hence why i got a phone to check the line) but they said that checks their end confirmed there was no issue with the line.

Anyway lets see what the engineer thinks tomorrow.

Tom

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Tom.

I did mention the telephone issue on the first call with tech support a few weeks ago (hence why i got a phone to check the line) but they said that checks their end confirmed there was no issue with the line.

I'm really sorry if that was overlooked. In this case an engineer should've been absolutely the first step.

I'm working lates tomorrow from 11:30 so I'll follow up around then, depending on when the engineer arrives.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From reading the engineer notes, it looks like the fault lay in the cabinet.

I can see your connection just now be finally up and running:

I'll wrap things up on your account and make an offer for a gesture of goodwill to your ticket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thomasshaw84
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf

I was just writing you a note. Thanks for getting this sorted - appreciate it, thank god I found the plusnet commnunity page. Your support has been far superior to the tech support phone line. Really frustrating to discover its an issue that should have been picked up weeks ago when I told the guys that the phone number didn't math the line. 

Please consider the following when considering any gesture of goodwill:

- 2 Weeks lost due to plusnet forgetting to place my order

- Hours of trouble calls to plusnet support / hours on hold and waiting to be connected

-  Refusal for any supervisor / escalations team to ever take my call - leaving the agents to have no choice but to hang up on me 

- Threatening to charge me for cancelling my contract when I was left with no choice as I felt I was never going to be connected

- 19x 50 mile round trips to my the office due to not having a home connection

- My poor neighbour now offline 

- The expensive bottle of wine I will have to but my other neighbour for letting me use his connection temporarily on the weekend

Thanks again 

Tom 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tom.

No problems at all. I'm glad to hear this is sorted now and apologies again for the experience you've had.

I replied to your ticket concerning the gesture of goodwill last Friday.

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet