cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet every few minutes (Internet light turns off on the router every few minutes)

istand4all

No internet every few minutes (Internet light turns off on the router every few minutes)

Good day.

I have been using Plusnet broadband from 31 March 2020. Since then, I have experienced internet drops intermittently. I somehow managed with it till today. But, today the internet keeps dropping every few minutes. The internet light on the router remains off for a few minutes and then gets connected only to turn off a few minutes later. With the current situation forcing to depend on the internet to work from home, it becomes impossible to manage with such intermittent internet connection drops. 

I tried connecting the router on a different socket in the house, but the outcome was same. I am not sure what changed today for this issue to become worse. 

Will appreciate any help in getting this sorted or fixed.

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: No internet every few minutes (Internet light turns off on the router every few minutes)

@istand4all Welcome to the forums. As Plusnet, like many other businesses, are operating with reduced staff, it would be a good idea to run through the suggestions in this thread:https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501 and report as many of the requested statistics as possible, which may give fellow customers a chance to help you.

I appreciate it is entitled 'speed faults', but sight of any statistics can also point in the direction of connection problems.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No internet every few minutes (Internet light turns off on the router every few minutes)

Hi there, 

I've just been running some diagnostic tests for you and we're not seeing signs of any obvious problems. 

Please try reporting a fault with us over at http://faults.plus.net and let us know when you have.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team