Did you mean: 

No internet connection

FIXED
jamesrandom
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No internet connection

Have lost broadband connectivity. 

I tried all the ideas in this post: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Broadband-Faults-Guide-I-have-a-fault/ba-p/1322773

The Plusnet modem just refuses to connect, even with the bt_test@startup_domain username (if that is still valid after all these years).

I went to the raise a fault link and went through the questions there. However, it assumed I had a BT (fibre?) modem and there didn't seem to be any way to change that.

(Incidentally, it is rather annoying that there doesn't seem to be any way on the Plusnet portal pages to raise a ticket or report a fault.)

12 REPLIES 12
jamesrandom
Dabbler

Re: No internet connection

I guess I should add that it was working fine until this morning.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Is your telephone working? If not you need to report a phone, not broadband fault to whoever provides your telephone service, which might not be Plusnet. If this is the problem then it has to be fixed first.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jamesrandom
Dabbler

No. The phone is fine. Just broadband refuses to connect.
jamesrandom
Dabbler

Just found there is a ticket open on this (185166907) which says it has been escalated. So some progress.

Shame the system doesn’t send any email/sms notifications of this.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Agreed but it seems like the raise a fault link works.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jamesrandom,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I have raised a response to the fault ticket that was raised, which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've been able to respond to the ticket so that we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrandom
Dabbler

Thanks for the update, @TheMightyAJ. I have responded to the ticket, with my availability for OpenReach to visit. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @jamesrandom, thanks for your post.

On further investigation of your line, we've detected an impairment in the copper network, essentially an issue with one of the cables.

Openreach are advising me that no appointment will be required to repair this issue as things stand - apologies for any conflicting advice.

We expect further updates within the next 3 working days, at which point you'll be updated directly.

We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this issue is causing.

jamesrandom
Dabbler

Hi @OskarPapa,

Thanks for the update.

Openreach have already had to fix one fault on the line. I guess we still have some old, dodgy copper around here!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @jamesrandom,

I can see you updated the ticket on the account but having looked at the fault it appears someone attended today and has resolved some internal issues. Can you confirm if you're still having problems following the visit?

jamesrandom
Dabbler

Fix

Yes, OpenReach arrived this morning (during breakfast) and checked the line. No external faults so decided the problem must be caused by (old and largely unused) internal extension wiring. Disconnected all that and test results looked good.

Thanks to all for following up.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jamesrandom

No worries, keep an eye on the connection and let us know if the problems continue.