cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Mrps

No internet connection

Hi,
After posting a couple of weeks ago, I had to go through the process of resetting/restarting a router on my mums account.
I did this last night - took 5 attempts and nearly an hour but eventually worked on both her laptop and Ipad
However, there was an internet connection for 15-20 minutes and then it went again on both devices.
The error message received on both devices stated:
Authentication failed.  Your internet connection failed
Before yuo can authenticate yourself, you have to log in as a more privelged user
This has happened each time we have tried to reset the router over the past month - an internet connection stays for abuot 20 minutes and then fails each time.
She has had 2 payments taken from her account to cover the last 2 monthly fees, but only had about 2 hours worth of internet time.
The current feeling is to cancel the subscription completely and move elsewhere.  I am willing to have one more attempt at keeping this internet connection working.  After all, it had been fine for over 2 years!!!
What can we do to get this resolved as quickly as possible?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No internet connection

Hi, we're currently seeing password incorrect errors on your account, please double check the password in the router?
With regard to the issues you've been seeing, please report that to us as a dropping connection fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get things sorted out for you.
Mrps

Matt,
I thought I reset the password on the router yesterday - which did sort it out like I say for 15-20 mins.
Is there anyway we can do this another way?
Thanks
Matthew
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you're sure the password is correct it could be that the connection is dropping during the authentication process, though there's more entries on your connection logs here than would normally show if that was the case. However as I said, regardless this needs reporting as a fault at the link I posted previously - that'll raise it through to our faults team who'll get this sorted.
I'd strongly recommend double checking the password though, to be sure it's correct - just in case.