Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection every morning at around 2am

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

No internet connection every morning at around 2am

Hi,

I’m a Fibre Unlimited customer using a Draytek Vigor 130 > Firewalla Purple > Eeero Mesh 

My Firewalla performs regular ping tests - all of which fail at around 2-3am in the morning with a notification telling me that internet connectivity has been lost. It only appears to be down for a minute or so before coming back on, usually with a spike in latency, going from around 30 to 250. Does anyone know what could be causing this? 

Many thanks 

B

6 REPLIES 6
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: No internet connection every morning at around 2am

Fix

2-3 am is exactly the time that the OpenReach Dynamic Line Managment system makes changes.  Its possible that it thinks your line is unstable and is trying out coniguration changes to try and improve things.  How long has this been going on ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

To follow that - do you have any other problems, @Anonymous ? Which modem/router are you using - a screen-grab of your statistics (removing any personal details) could be illuminating.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @flanzm! Thank you for the reply and info.

I've only had my setup running for a week and since then it's been doing it.
It very well may have been doing it all along but I've now got the tools to monitor so have been made aware of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @jab1 - thank you for the reply 🙂

No problems and internet has been running well from what I've experienced.

My setup is as below -

Outlet > Draytek Vigor 130 with recommended settings from Plusnet > Firewalla Purple in Router Mode > Netgear Unmanaged Switch > Eero 6 Base.

I've attached below what I'm seeing - is there another way I can get some better logs for you if needed?

Many thanks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Anonymous The information I suggested posting will be from your Vigor 130, but unfortunately I have no idea how you would find it. Below is an example from a PN Hub2.

5.Hub2 technical.png

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, just an update on this - miraculously after I posted this my connection seem to have one more little blip and ever since it hasn't happened again. Looks like it was probably Openreach testing my new configuration which according to their website can take 14 days