cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet/Orange Light

ELndl

No internet/Orange Light

Morning all, 

I've tried to upgrade my broadband to Fibre. It was supposed to go live last Thursday. It didn't. 

On Tuesday, BT OpenReach came and asked me if I had a problem with my landline (I don't have one). They said the job hadn't been raised to connect it up to Fibre, but that it probably would in the next few days. Broadband was working still on the old plan, (very, very slow). 

On Wednesday evening, the router lights changed to static orange, and  it hasn't come back on since. I have tried to re-set and re-start it, to no avail. It simply remains orange. I cannot load the hub admin thing - the page doesn't load. 

I'm hot-spotting my phone, but have a video conference this afternoon that I simply cannot manage on my phone. 

I've tried to ring the helpline but they're not taking calls. 

Anyone got any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No internet/Orange Light

@ELndl  Welcome to the forum.

You didn't say whether you have swapped your ADSL Hub for the Plusnet supplied Hub One. If not then try it, it forks on both ADSL and Fibre connections.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ELndl

Thanks for the response. 

Sorry, I have changed to the Hub One. I changed it last Thursday, and all was working fine, but on the original contract, not the fibre. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@ELndl 

When you say that you have tried resetting the Hub did you use the factory reset hole on the router? If so did you keep the switch closed for 30 seconds?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ELndl

I'll do it again to make sure it's 30 seconds. 

ELndl

Yep, tried the re-set button, held it for 30 seconds. Goes through the motions of trying to re-connect but just stays static orange. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @ELndl, welcome to the forum.

I can see that you have since managed to get through to the technical team who have found an external fault which has been reported to our suppliers to investigate.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team