cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - First time plugin in router.

mrgetdown

No internet - First time plugin in router.

Hi

I transferred my internet about a  month ago but have only just had a chance to plug in the router.

The router on restart flashes green 20s then goes a solid blue for about 10s then flashes red continuously.

There is a ring tone via the phone line.

Please advise. Thanks

Louis J. Browne

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: No internet - First time plugin in router.

Hi @mrgetdown

I am sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. Looks like router is trying to connect but with incorrect password.

Please follow this guide to get back online:

From the connected device, open a web browser and in the address bar type, http://192.168.1.254/

When the Hub manager page opens choose the "Advanced Settings" option

You will be promoted for you admin password which you can find on the back of the Hub, enter the password and press "OK"

You will see a warning message, click the "Continue to Advanced Settings" button

Below the "Advanced Settings" tab at the top, in the blue bar, choose the "Broadband" option.

On the next screen, at the bottom right, if there is a button that says "Disconnect" press this.

You should now be able to change the Broadband username and password.
The username should be [YOUR ACCOUNT USERNAME]@plusdsl.net
The password should be [YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD]

Press the "Connect" button at the bottom right of the screen, you should now be connected and able to access the internet.

I hope this helps and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

mrgetdown

Re: No internet - First time plugin in router.

Ok working, thanks