cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialing tone or broadband !

sxrostron
Grafter

No dialing tone or broadband !

We last used our landline 10 March and have returned from hols today to no dialing tone or broadband. we have tried switching off on modem and router .
Please call. us on the mobile. number on file. (ends in 39).
Thanks .
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No dialing tone or broadband !

Have you tried contacting the support team from your mobile? I'd advise that as a first port of call because they can run some tests for you and log the fault whilst your'e speaking to them.
0345 140 0200 would be the best number to use.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sxrostron
Grafter

Thanks. We've called this. They logged a fault with BT.
For info, the dial tone came back yesterday (Mon 26th March) but still no broadband. Called the support team again and they have referred our fault to the fault team.
We're still waiting for broadband service but I am wondering if BT have messed up somewhere.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sxrostron,
I've asked someone to take a look at this for you .
Jojo Smiley
sxrostron
Grafter

We have heard from BT and got the usual 'if it is your fault, you will pay £60'.
It's very odd - the DSL light is on on the fibre optic modem and there are about 4 lights flickering on the router but we can't get onto the internet.
I've checked the router statistics and thsi line says 'Connecting: Off'. Why would that be?
Anyway we're expecting the engineer on Sat and hoping he will be able to sort it out.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We certainly hope so too, please let us know how the visit goes.
sxrostron
Grafter

The BT engineer came today and seemed to know what the problem was.
He said something about having to get the PPP software at the exchange reinstalled, called someone to do that and then our FO broadband was working fine after that.
Can you guys explain this fully? Did it affect all connections out of that exchange or just us? And how come this was allowed to occur as something must have changed to cause our issue in the first place.
Anyway thanks for calling out an engineer so promptly, if it had been TalkTalk we would still be trying to persuade them that it isn't anything we have done at our end for 3 months  Embarrassed
Smiley