cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No data received issue' / websites not loading

Thibault

'No data received issue' / websites not loading

Hi there,
I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue I've been having for a while now. This doesn't always happen, but on a frequent basis which is getting very frustrating!
The issue occurs when I try to navigate to a website that I don't have open yet in a tab. Often I will get a blank page, with a 'no data received' message. Sometimes it will take a few minutes for the page to work, other times it will simply reload by itself and work again (However this still takes 15-20 seconds which seems slow compared to when it works). Once I'm on the website, I tend not to have any issues.
I've looked around solutions and found that sometimes, when I open the command prompt on my laptop and flush the DNS (ipconfig/flushdns), the issue is temporarily resolved but usually not for long. Unplugging the router does the same, it will work for a limited time before messing up again.
A couple of things:
- Using windows 8.1 (My flatmate uses a Macbook and doesn't have issues as frequently at all)
- Got a new laptop last month and I have the same issue on both computers
- Issue happens in both Chrome and Firefox
- Not sure if this is related, but our wireless printer does not work on the network at all, neither for me or my flatmate's Macbook.
- I only have two extensions on Chrome, Adblock and Ghostery. I tried disabling them on my previous laptop but this didn't solve things
I've attached screenshots of the tests recommended, but let me know if anything else is needed.
Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks!
Thibault