Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No chuffing internet ..... again!

Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No chuffing internet ..... again!

Power, ethernet and broadband lights were green on my router but the internet light was red for about 5 minutes before going green however, even after going green I have no internet access on any devices, anyone care to comment on what is going on or what the problem might be?
Posted from my SGII via mobile internet which works  Angry
14 REPLIES 14
Joshc
Grafter

Re: No chuffing internet ..... again!

SimonC
Dabbler

Fine, except it takes over half-an-hour before they bother letting us know. Up til then all lights were green.
And another hour later with no further news.
Joshc
Grafter

When we have more news for you we will let you know, We have people working on the issue now. But no further updates at the moment.
We do apologise for any inconvenience. Smiley 
Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Joshua, I appreciate the reply, unfortunately I'm out in the sticks With a not so good mobile internet reception so, I went out for some food.
It seems I am back up now however, I am no less angry.  Being with PN was a breath of fresh air regarding customer service after talk talk but I have never had so many dropped connections with any ISP as I have had with PN over the past 4 months.  I don't enjoy saying it but I am looking forward to going elsewhere once my 12 months is up.
damoxuk

I'm in same boat. Can't connect keeps saying authenticate error.
Sucks as gf out with friends was gonna watch load of stuff on Netflix lol. Here's hope it's fixed soon.
tony8436
Grafter

Mine is still down. They've had nearly all day to sort it out. Makes me wonder if they are using engineers or untrained chimps. Yet more disappointment from this "award winning" provider. The only award you deserve is the wooden spoon. Incompetent fucktards.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@tony8436
As I understand it, this particular issue only arose much earlier this evening, so if you've been off for longer, you could have a different problem.
When did your connection go down and what lights are lit on the modem/router?
tony8436
Grafter

It was off when I got home from work at 1730. Red adsl light on router.
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, definitely a different problem. The issue in the Service Status report is the inability to establish a new PPP Internet session, so only your Internet light would be not lit or showing Red.
It is possible anybody at home may have accidentally altered anything - eg. plugged something in without a filter - a Sky box might be a typical example?
Need to ask some other basic questions -
Do you have a Master Socket similar to the one on the left? Do all your Microfilters look like this?
Do you have any fixed extension phone sockets, and where are you currently plugged in?
Is the ADSL light flashing at any point or is it still a steady Red?
Do you have Dial-tone on the phone? Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you recently had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? Is your line overhead or underground?
mlmclaren
Grafter

Hi Guys, I'm currently visiting my mum who is connected to CMKING with ADSL... rebooted ADSl router un-aware of issue, now stuck offline with authentication error..
Not a good start for my um as a new customer of a month and already having many issues, and a new FTTC connection soon so obviously not looking on getting this issue with that also..
Anotherone
Champion

I'm guessing this may be/have been due to some major outage on BT's backbone network. There's an updated Service Status http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1422668860.htm
If you are still having problems connecting because of Authentication errors, can't get a PPP Internet session. then try logging into your modem/router and click "Disconnect" if it's showing Connected. Wait at least 30 seconds and then click Connect. See if that solves the issue.
If that doesn't work, then if you don't need your Internet connection tonight, then switch off the modem/router and switch on again tomorrow (in daylight hours if on a longer connection). You may need to log in and click connect or wait upto 15 minutes for TR069 to automatically configure your connection if your modem/router is set up for that (recent Plusnet ones are).
kanda
Grafter

I suspect this may what was happening with my connection last week. I couldn't start a new session for 12 hours. I rang Plusnet and followed up with a ticket but I am still waiting for an explanation for the various problems I am experiencing. I have also been experiencing a lot of disconnects in the evening, which could be demands on the service.
I jumped ship before O2 was fully taken over fully by Sky, but like tony8436 my experiences of Plusnet BB have not been good, and they are not improving.
dick:quote
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: kanda

I jumped ship before O2 was fully taken over fully by Sky, but like tony8436 my experiences of Plusnet BB have not been good, and they are not improving.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

Yes I seem to remember things being better with the old O2, but I think that's probably just nostalgia and my poor memory. Looking back, O2 internet certainly had their share of outages, periods of congestion and IMO an (almost) equally poor dns.

Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: kanda
I have also been experiencing a lot of disconnects in the evening, which could be demands on the service.

kanda, that most certainly won't be the case. I'll post on the thread you started.