Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband

FIXED
stevbm
Hooked

No broadband

I'm a new customer and my old provider was switched off early yesterday - my new plus net internet service hasn't been switched on yet and I've received no email or text to confirm it's working. It's due to be switched on today before midnight but time is running out and my mobile data is dwindling fast. Can someone tell me what's happening please?
8 REPLIES 8
Jon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

Re: No broadband

Fix

Hiya @stevbm 

I have checked for you and the order had completed not long ago. As such, the system didn't have chance to activate your account yet, but I've manually done this for you.

If you have already got everything set up, it should kick into life within the next few minutes.

If not please set up your new router, or reconfigure your old one, to our details, and you should be able to get online Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Jon Smith
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
stevbm
Hooked

Thanks Jon, issue resolved. However the internet speed is all over the place, one minute I can watch a video, the next I'm barely getting any wifi speed at all and the video stops...are you able to fix please?
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @stevbm,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Your connection is in a 10 day training period from when you go active, during this time your line stability settling which incidentally  affects the speed of your service. I would advise letting us know if this changes after the 10 day training period.

Thank you.

stevbm
Hooked

Thanks.

The speeds have generally improved but I get some really bad ones still, tonight at 23:00 and my download speed is less than 1mbps! I should be up around the 10 mark at least....can someone sort this out please? Thanks
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @stevbm,

I've tested your line today and you seem to be getting 17.7Mbps. May I ask if your slow speed results are via a wireless connection? If so it might be worth trying abit of troubleshooting here

Let us know how you get on.

stevbm
Hooked

Thanks, yes on wireless and have looked up tips but I'm not doing anything wrong it seems...down at 3 mbps currently, streaming videos breaking up and rendering my internet connection useless...i've had wireless speeds in the mid teens so why am I getting such poor ones at 10pm on a Saturday night? Can I have some sort of refund please?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @stevbm, sorry to hear you're having speed issues. Testing your conenction there aren't any signs as to why you'd be getting much lower speeds through to your side and being you're experiencing the issue solely on wireless devices it's a fair assumption to presume wireless interference is behind the problems you're seeing. This is fairly common with new routers and some slight tweaks may be needed for the wireless settings to best suite your property. If you follow the guide below you should see improvements via this conenction method.

The guide below will show you how to log into the router and change the wireless channel as it's usually another router in the area on the same or similar channel that will be causing issues for both wireless frequencies. Before picking a channel I'd suggest downloading a free app called wifi analyzer which will scan your area for all the routers and show what channels they are on between 1-13. Although the above app isn't essential it helps you pick where your router would be best in terms of channels and saves a lot of time doing it via trial and error.

1) To connect to your Plusnet Hub Zero, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Once you are connected, you will see the option that says 'Wi-Fi Network' with the name of your network followed by the 'Settings' button.

3) Please select 'Settings' and you will be asked to log in with the 'Router Password'. This password is found on the bottom of the router and is case sensitive. This password can also be found on the plastic card that came with the router.

4) The Channel is the key option that we need to look for, If this is on Auto then we will want to change this to one of the 13 channels listed on the drop down menu. This stage is all down to trial and error to find the best channel for you.

If we are experiencing issues on wireless, then it is recommended to change this to one of the 13 channels listed.

Let us know how it goes.

stevbm
Hooked

Many thanks, will give that a go