cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband or phone line

db01

No broadband or phone line

Hello I have been without broadband or a phone line since Monday 21st October. At first I presumed it was due to the maintenance work however my outage has lasted until today. After trying Plusnet several times (waiting time of over 35 minutes and having no landline to dial the 0800 number from) I finally got through to someone this morning via my mobile (for which I will no doubt incur vast charges!). I was told there was a fault on the phone line and I should contact BT - my line rental is with Plusnet so not sure why I was asked to phone BT. Anyway I did this however as I don’t have an account with them I was told my provider would have to do this. Back to Plusnet I went!
After a lot of toing and froing Plusnet finally told me that Openreach would deal with the fault but not until Monday NEXT WEEK!! How is that good customer service in any form?!?!?!?
Please can someone respond to this post with a date - sooner than Monday 28th October - as to when an engineer will be out? I do not find it acceptable that I am without a phone line and broadband for over a week and no one at Plusnet seems to be bothered.
I would also like to be compensated for my wasted time of telephone calls to Plusnet and BT and the monthly line rental I am paying for broadband and phone service none of which I currently have or will have for over a week.
I look forward to your reply
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No broadband or phone line

Welcome to the community forum db01 and sorry to hear about the issue with your line.
After trying Plusnet several times (waiting time of over 35 minutes and having no landline to dial the 0800 number from) I finally got through to someone this morning via my mobile (for which I will no doubt incur vast charges!)

I'm sorry for any long waits trying to get through to us. We do publish an 0345 number on our website (0345 1400 200) so I would recommend using that if you need to call us from a mobile again for any reason. Alternatively if you have access to an alternate connection and are experiencing a fault it's possible to report such issues online at http://faults.plus.net
I apologise if you were advised to contact BT directly about this, are you able to tell me when you were advised this please so that we can try and trace the call?
As the fault was reported with our suppliers today the expected response time will be the 28th as any phone faults are responded to with in 3 working days.
We do appreciate the frustration and inconvenience a fault like this can cause and as a matter of course our faults team should be making sure you're credited for the downtime experienced as soon as we know that the fault has been resolved.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No broadband or phone line

Duplicate post removed as this one has been responded to