cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband, no phone, no answer to ticket.

worzel
Grafter

No broadband, no phone, no answer to ticket.

Hello long time customer here, although admittedly I only post when I have a problem, so can you guess why I'm here now?
Anyway, all through yesterday my broadband kept dropping from it's regular speed of 1.5mbps - according to BT Wholesale speed checker - to a laughable 0.22mbps.
At that time I tried all the usual things, re-booting both computer and router, and raised a ticket in the broadband checker system (Question #117255581) at 14:50.
I then left everything switched off, while I went out to dinner, but to no avail as it was the same when I came back and restarted everything.
Later that evening, the broadband went off completely, with the router (TG585 v8) reporting - in my browser - that No broadband was found - with the broadband light on the router containing to flash, while the others remained on excluding the internet light obviously.
This continued until about 20:50pm when the voice phone line also went dead, details which I added to the ticket.
This remains the case now some sixteen hours after the original ticket was raised and STILL nothing from support so I thought I'd try here to see if that makes a difference. 
Presumably this is a problem with the line itself but it would be nice to hear something from customer support even if it's only a "We're looking into it!" automated statement.
NB: There are two phone lines coming into my property, both with voice and broadband on them - mine through PN, the other through Sky (for now) - and only mine is effected. The other line is still active which is that's the only way I can get on line.
29 REPLIES 29
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: No broadband, no phone, no answer to ticket.

Plusnet staff tend to check the forum during Monday to Friday office hours and even then do not answer every problem thread. YMMV.
I would suggest calling Plusnet to find out if they have even looked at the problem ticket. Ticket responses can be slow.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
worzel
Grafter

Thanks for your reply and helpful hints.
There was a time, long ago, when PN - well F9 back then - used to hand out on these forums 24/7, guess those days are gone.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
To the best of my knowledge, there has never been 24x7 staff cover on the forums.  Previously cover was restricted to office hours Mon-Fri, in more recent times, it has been extended until 8pm Mon-Sat.
Back to your problem - have you looked at the guidance in the speed issues thread (link below)?
Is your phone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a cored phone in the master socket.
If there is no dial tone or noise in the line, then raise a PHONE LINE fault with your phone provider. Otherwise you might consider raising a broadband fault using the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

worzel
Grafter

Thanks for your answer.
I did all the usual checks when the line was slow. and raised a broadband fault ticket which is the one that STILL waiting for the support team to look at it. Question #117255581
Do I really need to do that again?
At this stage I can't do any of the other checks as there's no broadband AT ALL.
Phone line is also totally dead. NO dial tone nothing. SO on that point I'll raise a phone line fault with my provider (also Plus Net)  when I'm home from work.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
You can rise the fault from any where - just use the phone faults link in my sig.
Broadband can sometime limp along when there is no phone service (dial tone) at all.  It only takes one side of the pair to be broken to kill the phone - it takes both to totally kill ADSL.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

worzel
Grafter

Thanks for advice but I can't do that sort of thing from work for work reasons.
Anyway, both phone and broadband were actually working when I got home but have now gone off again. So guess i've no option but to raise new ticket/s as clearly something isn't right somewhere.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Raise a phone fault ticket first - when that is sorted the ADSL will probably be fixed as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
worzel
Grafter

Thanks for the tip.
I raised a new ticket on Monday night and actually got an answer that tests were being carried out which could take  "up to 24 hours", and then I'd be informed
Of course, have heard nothing since.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just reported a line fault and updated ticket 117255581 in more detail for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
worzel
Grafter

Thank you.
worzel
Grafter

Another day passes with no phone, no broadband, and no communication from PN.
Seems the only way to get an answer is posting here. Huh
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Worzel,
Sorry about the lack of updates on this, unfortunately faults are a bit out or my area but having checked on the status we have received notification from Openreach just over 30 minutes ago stating that whilst the estimated response time for this was today, they were unable to meet this, they have noted that the fault will be dealt with at a higher priority due to this though.
I'll pop a message to someone in our faults team to see if we can get you some more information by tomorrow afternoon
worzel
Grafter

thank you
worzel
Grafter

In case anyone from support is going to read this - unlike the ticket - I added the information you wanted to the ticket about this issue on Friday.
it would be nice if you would reply to it, and see if we can actually get this fault fixed now that it's been over a week since I reported it.