cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband light.

sophieperks123

No broadband light.

A few weeks back we were having problems with our connection failing all the time, and eventually switching off, lights were either red, flashing or off. An engineer came out that said we had a fault with our line and it was external. This was fixed and all was fine until last night. I accidentally switched the router off by the wall socket, and since we have had no internet or broadband lights at all. I've tried plugging it into the main socket, resetting the router, turning it off and waiting a few minutes nothing works! After speaking to a tech member over twitter I was told there was no connection problem with our line.
We've changed the micro filter too.
Only thing we haven't done is change the router, something I'm not overly keen on doing, spending money on a router that may not be faulty, being as though we had this problem a few weeks back.
Internet has been down for almost 24 hours now.
13 REPLIES 13
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: No broadband light.

HI  sounds like it could be a stuck session on plusnets end preventing the router from connecting which they can easily solve  hopefully one of the CRT will pick this up in the morning.    
sophieperks123

After turning the plug off and on this morning the broadband light came on what was flashing, technicolour still said my dsl connection was down. So reset the router with a pin....back to square one, no broadband or internet lights Sad
I'll be ringing plusnet this afternoon. Let's hope it's not the usual 45minute wait time!!
sophieperks123

After speaking to plusnet they can find no fault with my phone line. However don't believe it's a router problem as the broadband light did come on this morning. So a 24 hour wait while they look into it. Ahh!
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

What about the lights on the open reach modem, i assume you are using the two box solution you should have 3 green lights on  power/dsl/lan, no dsl light means no connection with the exchange ie, possible line fault / faulty modem ect
sophieperks123

We have the standard plusnet router.
The lights we should have are 'Power, broadband, internet, wifi, Ethernet (if plugged in), we only have power and wifi. Each time I get to the technicolour page and log in it is dsl connection is down.
Plusnet said they don't think it's the router as the broadband light did come on this morning, and because we had the same problem 2 weeks ago. This is day 3 without internet and they're just telling me to hang tight. It's becoming really frustrating that this keeps happening. I'm very close to cancelling my subscription with them.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@sophieperks123, reading this I get the impression that you're on ADSL rather then Fibre (FTTC), I think this being posted in 'Fibre' may be causing confusion, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@sophieperks123
I'm just testing your line now,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sophieperks123

Oh yes, I think I've posted in the wrong section then.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: sophieperks123
We have the standard plusnet router.

PlusNet has several 'standard' routers depending on what service you have and when you started with PlusNet.
Are you on ADSL (just one box) or are you on fibre (PlusNet box and a BT Openreach box)?  If the latter, we need to know what light are on on the BTOR box too (and the mods will need to move this thread).
Can you please indicate which router model you have as well please.
Can you please log into the router and check the account settings.  Sometime after a factory reset, the account details do not get correctly configured.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sophieperks123

We have the standard adsl. When I log into the router I just get 'dls connection is down' I can't access my account settings.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Which router is it please?
TG582n?
2794n?
Something else?
PlusNET has had a number of 'standard' routers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

A fault was detected on the phone line and an engineer is booked to visit later this week.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fumbledore

Try a factory reset. Worked for me.