cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for past 24 hours because of basic error!

BeckyM

No broadband for past 24 hours because of basic error!

For the past 24 hours I havent been able to get online, other than on this site.  I keep getting a Broadband Setup page (no idea why since I've had broadband with free-online/plusnet since 2005).  I can't log in to this as the option for free-online is incorrect - usernames should be username@freeonline.net NOT username@free-online.net.  This is a really basic error that you should not need your customers to tell you its wrong!
I am really not happy about the lack of internet for the past 24 hours and have a really busy life so cant be wasting time sorting this out!  I have a lot to do online NOW so I'd really appreciate this fixing NOW!  I have already made contact about this but its taking far too long to resolve.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No broadband for past 24 hours because of basic error!

It is unlikely that this will be picked up until Monday but I am confused when you say that you can only access this site.
If you could only access the Plusnet members section I could understand (a billing problem) but not this site which would come under a general block
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Strange! If you can get to this page (which I assume you can?) then you can get on the web. What exactly happens when you try to access another site? Does it just display the router's setup page?
BeckyM

Yes.  As soo as I try and go to another site it goes to the broadband set up page.  I need to be online before Monday.  This really isnt good enough!  I've really had enough of plusnet.  I've had slow broadband which keeps disconnecting for a few months but this has been the final straw.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I must admit that I haven't heard of that happening before.
It does sound as though there is something diverting your requests to the router address rather than the internet which may be something in the hosts file.
Is it possible for you to borrow another router and/or another computer for a test
Are you connected by wire or wireless to the router
BeckyM

I have wireless connection.  I have another router I could try with.  Its definitely not the computer as it happens on others as well.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

What router is it?
Edit: Go into your router's setup page using the correct address (192.168.x.xxx, whatever it is) and look at the setting for DNS. Is it set up to obtain a DNS address automatically or is something else there, and if so what?
jacobi2

I had similar problem yesterday lunchtime (being directed to SpeedTouch and not being able to get online). When I tried again in the evening it had sorted itself out however, and I have online access again OK today - but I came here looking to see if anyone had had any similar experience, which yours seems to be....
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Yours was a different problem see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103660.0.html