cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 8 days now !!

steved999
Dabbler

No broadband for 8 days now !!

8 days since I first reported my problem, un-believable how slowly it's gone through the system, I'm now at the stage where I've given lots of dates for a BT engineer to attend but no-one can even tell me if BT have been contacted yet, apparently the person you speak to when you call up is not allowed to call another department for an update or to escalate. They have 72 hours to make an appointment and update the log. Wow, that's service for you!!
I'm due to go on the FTTC trial next week, looks like that wont happen as I can't see my current problem being resolved by then.
As luck would have it a letter from BT landed on my doorstep this morning, telling me about BT Infinity - very timely - worth a lokk at the website when I get my service back.
I've been very happy with plusnet until now - but my service was working then.
Apparently I don't even get a refund on my monthly fees as they've given me this free-phone line to use as a dial-up !! currently connect at 36Kbps.
Does everyone get this level of service or i have I just been unlucky.
20 REPLIES 20
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No broadband for 8 days now !!

Hi steved999,
I doubt this will have any effect on you getting fibre. I've one of the faults managers picking this up now to find out what's going on.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi steved999,
It looks like they can't get an engineer before the 5th so we'll just leave the FTTC engineer to visit on the 5th. Your ticket has been updated with details.
Jojo Smiley
Nemesis
Dabbler

nah mate your not the only one, Ive only been with them a few weeks and having all sorts of problems. Had raised a ticket and accidently closed it when trying to update it, and you cant re-open it, apparently you have to submit another one.
So now ill have to wait another god knows how long to have it resolved....... starting to wish I had never even bothered signing up with them.
48hrs my last ticket sat for, and i had to actually phone them before I got a single response, and even then it was the usual demoncratic answer, "oh its with the support team".
steved999
Dabbler

Hi Jojo, Thanks for you speedy response. Disappointed that still no broadband until the 5th but very grateful that you have managed to get things moving and got communications going again.
Will the engineer attending on the 5th be briefed on the problems that I've had or is it simply hoped that the upgrade will resolve the issue.
Thanks
Steve
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi steved999,
I imagine the FTTC engineer will have to test the connection from the cabinet anyway and if it was an issue at the cabinet then they will be moving that connection with the FTTC install, so I reckon it should be fine.
Jojo Smiley
steved999
Dabbler

Many thanks for your help today Jojo.
Cheers
Steve
steved999
Dabbler

My original log has now been closed and a new log opened - some problem with PN logging system I gather. The net result is that I have now lost access to the freephone number (this gets attached to the problem log and is presumably automatcially revoked after the log is closed). I now have no broadband and no free dial-up !!!!!!!!!
steved999
Dabbler

Please can someone from PN help.
According to my support ticket for the FTTC trial I have a BT engineer booked for tomorrow (5 Jan). My broadband fault is expected to be fixed by the same call.
However this morning I got a generated call from BT telling me an engineer would attend on Thursday (6 Jan).
I've called the support number and they have raised a new ticket querying the dates but I need a fast response - I need to change work/home arrangements accordingly.
I need to know am I getting 2 visits or 1 visit and if only 1 which of the dates is it?
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI steved999,
I'll check that out for you now and get back to you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI steved999,
Have just had that checked and it appears that it is Thursday 6th 0800-1300hrs.
Jojo Smiley
steved999
Dabbler

Thanks again Jojo, I'm not sure how we would manage without the service we get from you and your colleagues monitoring this forum.
Cheers
Steve
steved999
Dabbler

Hi Jojo, BT were booked for 0800-1300 today but no one has shown - is it possible to check what is happening please. I have no problem staying in this afternoon but it would be nice to know.
Thanks
Steve
steved999
Dabbler

It's OK, I have just been contacted and they are on the way.
steved999
Dabbler

I've been upgraded - but incredidbly slow at the momment 0.21 Mb d/l and 0.01 upload. Is it possible to tweak my profile please. The line sinc'd at 40MB apparently.