cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection for the last 2 days

flyingship

No broadband connection for the last 2 days

I haven't been able to get stable connection for the last 2 days. The DSL light on my router is constantly flashing, either it can't establish internet connection at all or if it does, it gets disconnected randomly soon enough it's not usable.

I have tried different cables, micro filters, routers on the master socket with nothing else plugged in; with same result.

The current problem started around 2 nights ago, but the same type of problem has been happening more frequently in the last few months (usually it returned to normal on its own). I've been a plusnet customer for years and the connection problem used to be very rare for me.

Also, how do I report faults these days? Looking for a way to report/contact in help & support had me going in circles just giving me the "guide", chat that's not working or phone no (and I don't have the time to sit in the phone queue).

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: No broadband connection for the last 2 days

@flyingship

From https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Broadband-Faults-Guide-FTTC/ba-p/1322788

If the connection still drops connected in this way (PPPoE), you should raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate this further.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
flyingship

Thanks. I will follow through that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

We're definitely seeing a problem, but line tests aren't finding the cause of the issue.

From what I can see the guide above is kind of irrelevant as that's only if you've got fibre.

I'd recommend trying the steps Here and also another router if you can. [edit] I see you've tried another one.

Failing that we may need to arrange an engineer. Let us know how this goes.

[second edit]

I've also updated your fault ticket Here if you'd like to go ahead with an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet