cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband and no response #71816599

Panikos
Dabbler

No broadband and no response #71816599

Yesterday morning the broadband died and now only works for a few mins at a time. If I make a phone call then it can't connect at all.
Test socket with broadband plugged in works a bit better but can't use the phone then as connecting that still disconnects the broadband.
Tried different router and filters so clearly a line/exchange issue. (last time I got this many years ago BT changed the tie pairs)
It would be nice to get someone at Plusnet to look at it but all I've had so far has been an automated response. At this rate It won't get done before the weekend. Someone has to tell BT and I'm not allowed to. That's why you shouldn't change phone providers of course.
2 REPLIES 2
Panikos
Dabbler

Re: No broadband and no response #71816599

Well I got my reply.
After a day and a half  they emailed me to say they'd ask their supplier to turn on interleaving.
I have been  without internet for 36 hours. This isn't about making it more reliable. There is a hardware problem with my line.
IF anyone is listening then I will cancel the direct debit. I will make it very public if Plusnet is not willing to get it fixed.  I am in contract, but Plusnet is breaking that and can hardly expect me to pay for something they refuse to supply.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No broadband and no response #71816599

Hi there,
Are you saying the fault is with the phone line (noise on the line or similar) rather than a fault with the broadband? We can investigate either way, but as things stand the fault you've raised is on the broadband so that's what's being investigated (hence the interleaving).
We'd be happy to investigate this as a phone fault but will need to know what the symptoms are so we know how to investigate it and what type of fault to raise, if you let us know that I'll get the line tested for you.