cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband after storm

stevemccormick

No broadband after storm

We had a big storm last night in Tavistock, Devon and since then our broadband has stopped working. The phone line works for phone calls but the router is stuck showing orange flashing BB light. Tried restarting the router a number of times but no joy. How do I find out if there is a known fault in my area or if the router has been damaged by the storm due to possible power surges?
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No broadband after storm

Thanks for getting in touch @stevemccormick

I'm sorry to hear that your connection isn't working. We've tested your line and we can see that the router is out of sync and we can't see any cause for this.

Is it possible for you to try another router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stevemccormick

Unfortunately I do not have another router to try.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming.

Based on the evidence I've ordered you a replacement router as it's likely to be a router issue due to the lightning strike.

We'll get that to you as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stevemccormick

Thank you Mathew for your prompt replies and for the order of the new router. Hopefully it will arrive soon and resolve the problem
Steve
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem let us know once you've received it and we'll refund you for the downtime

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team