cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband - access at exchange?

Corrinne

No broadband - access at exchange?

Our phone went live on Monday 2nd November. We've been waiting for broadband since then.
An openreach phone engineer was sent out today, but he phoned us to say he didn't see any problems with our phone line (he'd been sent to investigate noise on the line....). Our phone is fine - we just don't have broadband. He said we need to request a broadband engineer.
We've just moved into a new house, which we know has never had broadband before. The engineer said that maybe something needed to be changed to allow access to broadband at the exchange.
Is there any way to get this sorted out any faster? It's getting frustrating to still be waiting for a service we've been paying for. I updated the question in the help assistant section on the website but haven't had a response.
Thanks
Corrinne
4 REPLIES 4
cedlor
Grafter

Re: No broadband - access at exchange?

Were you given dates by email on on your ticket as to when the phone and often later when broadband should be available.
Have you received a router and have you set it up?  What lights show.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

HI @Corrinne,
I appreciate this may look a little confusing with regards to what the engineer told you however as our tests before booking engineers out indicated noise on the line it meant we needed to go down that route.
There's no specific issue relating to broadband access in general at the exchange, however it's clear we do now need to look at this as  broadband fault.
Please bear with us and our faults team will be responding to ticket 113766351 ASAP for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Corrinne

Thanks for your reply Adam. I appreciate that there is a procedure to follow for fault checking. However, the frustrating part is the delay, and the lack of any info while we wait. Still no response from the faults team. How soon is asap?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to see you've since had a response and I hope the next engineer visit helps to resolve the issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team