cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband. CC no help. Unresolved.

Lodge01
Grafter

No broadband. CC no help. Unresolved.

Hi, my broadband has been off all night, rang customer support this morning & performed the multiple tests they asked of me.
Eventually I was told it was a micro filter fault & to replace it. This I did immediately.
The agent told me my service will be up & running again now & to reset router etc, then he hung up.
Conclusion - still no internet connection.
I can’t even get a Speedtest done.
Will someone on here please help me out as I’ve already spent ages on the phone jumping through hoops with no joy at the end of it, & now the recorded msg is saying it’ll be at least a 20 minute wait before being connected to someone.
I don’t have the time available to me to wait that long & go through everything again right now.
Your help will be much appreciated in getting this fixed for me!
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Lodge01
Grafter

Re: No broadband. CC no help. Unresolved.

P.s. As I’ve no broadband I’m having to use my phone, & I seem unable to use the “chat online” feature or raise a ticket/fault via the site.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Lodge01

I have ran a check on your line, and I can see a potential issue on the line. We are getting a Loop fault, which means that a piece of equipment is causing the noise on the line to replicate, usually something within your property.

Please can you connect your services directly into the test socket with an alternate micro filter. You can get more information on on how to do this at https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how this goes for you

Lodge01
Grafter

Hi, I have done this using a brand new micro filter.
The results are still no different. 😞
Lodge01
Grafter

I rang up again. It all seems to be fixed for now.
Thanks!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear the problem is fixed!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet