Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to ccgi space

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

No access to ccgi space

Hi, I've lost access to my ccgi space. None of my URLs work. I can log in but I can't access my home directory. Is there anyone there at PN that can investigate ? I have raised a ticket but I have had no response since last night...

Last login: Sun Oct 12 07:46:22 2008 from xxxxxxx.plus.com
Could not chdir to home directory /files/home3/xxxxxxx: Permission denied
-bash: /files/home3/xxxxxxx/.bash_profile: Permission denied
xxxxxxx@cshell01:/$
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: No access to ccgi space

there is something there
Boo!
prichardson
Grafter

Based on the error, this would suggest that access has either been lost or removed from the service.
Further inspection has shown that your access has been removed to your site. When you raised the ticket yesterday, we were supposed to inform you of the cause, but it seems we sent it to the wrong department needlessly.
I has passed it back to our support centre to provide a proper response for you.
starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hello P Richardson, thanks for your reply.
I still have no resolution to this and I apologise for posting in two places.
I'd like to understand why access was removed and why I was not informed. I can only fix a problem if I am made aware of it. Also need to get the access back asap, not least so I can fix whatever the issue is. It would really help if some proper explanations were given on the ticket. I've been aware of this issue for over 24 hours now.
Many thanks.
prichardson
Grafter

I have just been made aware of your reply to this ticket and my understanding is that it is being replied to now.
In order to restore access, the source of the problem would need to be located and resolved first. Some details on the exact cause are being provided shortly. It is important that all the code is checked though, as cause of the removal may not be the only weakness within the code.
For the protection of other customers sites, we cannot restore access until that problem is resolved. In addition to this, site access cannot be restored until tomorrow at the earliest anyway as this will require intervention by our networks team.