cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Modem, Why?

chambers13

No Modem, Why?

So we 'upgraded' from AOL which was pretty terrible but at the moment i would take that over this service, since we registerd all we have had is trouble, When the BT engineer came our router had not even arrived yet (it arrived today) BUT, the engineer did not leave us a modem, he said we would have AOL internet until our plusnet was set up but we can no longer get AOL on our previous router, So at the moment we have the Plusnet router but again the engineer left no modem so that is useless and we can not get AOL through our old router, and we all use the internet in this house wether it be for work or gaming so we desperately need it back! After endless hours to plusnet on the.phone today another engineer is coming god knows when and we dont even know if he will have a modem, will it be possible to go to another service if this does not work or will we have to wait like 3 weeks like we did before?
4 REPLIES 4
Finguz
Grafter

Re: No Modem, Why?

If you have ordered an adsl product you don't need a modem, the Plusnet router has a built in modem.
If you have ordered a Fibre product, then you need a modem and the next engineer will bring you one Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@chambers13
Really sorry to hear about this. From looking at your account I can what the issue is and that we've had to book another engineer that's due to visit tomorrow to install fibre for you.
Again really sorry about the initial hiccup in getting your fibre up and running but this is set to be resolved tomorrow.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chambers13

Thanks Adam, Any idea what time the engineer is coming and can you make sure he brings  a modem because he did not last time which is the cause of this 'hiccup'.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, every engineer attending a fibre installation should carry the right equipment. I've not personally heard of an engineer failing to bring the modem before so we should be able to safely assume that issue was an exception and should not be an issue for the visit tomorrow.
I will do what I can to pass on some feedback to our suppliers about what happened.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team