cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

romeo21

No Internet

Hi Plusnet tech support
i'v had no internet connection for 2 days now! The internet and dsl light on my router is flashing and no internet light!
This is happening to me about once a month now and im getting sick off it, iv had no problems with any other isp iv been with and it’s a nightmare trying to get in touch with you.
Please can you resolved and get me back on line asap?
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Internet

Unfortunately we need you to do a few tests before we raise a fault, to make sure it's not being caused by your own internal wiring or any equipment that's plugged into the line. If you're able to get online at all the easiest way to do this would be to log in to http://faults.plus.net and raise it to us there (that will take you through the necessary tests) or call our support centre on 0800 432 0200.
Basically if you can test the connection from the master socket (or ideally the test socket behind the master socket front plate) with all other items removed from the line, and you're still unable to connect, then you've proved it's a line fault. If you can also test an alternative router or modem to rule that out that should be all we need.
Only other thing we need to know is what's stopping you from connecting? Is the DSL light flashing on the router (which would indicate a no sync fault) or is it that your username and password are being rejected?
romeo21

Thanks for the reply! I work in IT so those test are the first things I check!!
As I said this happens to me atleast once a month and I raise a fault and then its resolved!!! For some reason its not letting me raise  a fault on your webpage and when I call im put on hold for ages so that why I turned  the forums for HELP!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just gone in there for you and closed off the previous fault, that's all it needed to enable you to raise another one Smiley
If you go back there it should be working as normal. Unfortunately there's not really anything we can do here unless the fault's raised I'm afraid.
Does the problem happen at the same date and time each month?
romeo21

Im not sure the exact date it happens but if you check all the previous faults I have logged you should see it in there
I logged a fault yesterday and have heard nothing!!!!!!!
matt_2k34
Grafter

Annoying as it is, you have got little choice than to "jump the hoops" you'd be better of calming down and taking a deep breath, doing whats asked then when it comes to the fault, PN can be confident you've done everything in your power to resolve the fault, and you will not get billed (PN do this procedure to ensure you dont get a £100+ bill from BT for a 'false call out' (for you having the problem in the first place))
If you had a fault open already (with the ticket open) why didnt you continue the ticket (login, help and support, questions) then modify the current question (make sure your not opening a new ticket for every response, this makes supports job much more difficult, im not trying to insult your intelligence - but it does happen)
I work in IT

No offence intended, but normally this is actually a hinderence rather than a help - from personal experience people who 'know what theyre doing' are less likely to be as understanding and often do not want to follow the instructions to get the help required (quite often a BT engineer visit)
I logged a fault yesterday and have heard nothing!!!!!!!

Your ticket would have been updated, albeit by a BOT more than likely to see what the problem is- Plusnets faults system is automated to do the various tests to start with (you'd be suprised how often a problem can arise just between BTs systems and/or plusnets) Smiley
im assuming that the phone is working correctly, and there is a dial tone, and there is no popping/crackling on the line?
Only other thing we need to know is what's stopping you from connecting? Is the DSL light flashing on the router (which would indicate a no sync fault) or is it that your username and password are being rejected?

You still need to answer Matts question ^
Also, might be worth posting router stats to see if theres an "obvious" problem. The more information you give us (e.g. what lights are on the router, are they solid? flashing?), the more likely your going to get a speedy, helpful reply.
Regards