Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

No Internet

Hi all
My mother has been on the blower saying that her internet is 'not working' and hasnt been for almost a week.
Now i am at work so am unable to check anything just now, but i did notice that her usage was 0Kb for the last few days which is strange as their is always background traffic showing in th VMBU.
Can someone from Plusnet Staff check anything from their end?
It seems to have stopped working almost exactly on her payment date (this month was going to be 'free' as she was double billed last month - Mand set it up)
Can you tell me ANYTHING before i make the trip to hers tonight?

SORRY -username is      ldickson
jim:orange all caps removed from title mod:end
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: NO INTERNET

All we can really see is that the line is in sync but there has been no connection since the 19th April. I'll run a couple of tests and let you know if we find anything else.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

'Almost a week' what a fibber  Cheesy
Thanks Chris
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Almost a working week  Wink
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

UPDATE : she gets a message saying to contact her provider.
(Cannot confirm exact wording until i see it for myself!)
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: No Internet

UPDATE : its working, dont ask i have NO idea  Lips_are_sealed
Mand
Grafter

All I can think is that the line test kicked something into place at the exchange.
Glad to hear it's working now though. Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

On a side note Mand are you able to confirm whats going to happen with her billing, you can email her account if you like.
You said that the £6.99 for April would be waived and the 1st bill would be in May, although now the phone line is activated (i think as no usage is showing) what will happen. Will the May bill be higher as it will include some of Aprils line rental?
Hope thisa makes sense!!!
Mand
Grafter

I added a credit for the BB side of things, so that won't be charged.
Talk will be invoiced as normal though if it's active.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Im sorry but what do you mean 'if its active' she is paying for it so it had better be active. Angry
I am starting to get really concerned over the following :-
1. Nothing shows up on in the home phone control panel regarding calls, and she has made LOTS of calls particulary to Orange about her old account.
2. The broadband died on the 19th April (as i brought up yesterday). I have since found out that she called Orange yesterday to pay her closing balance on the account, and low and behold the connection was restored.
3. I queried the broadband at the very start as her Orange livebox would still let her connect to the internet even though the broadband HAD been taken over, no one seemed to have a definitive answer.
You might want to take a look as she isnt paying for calls so someone out there is!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

1. Nothing shows up on in the home phone control panel regarding calls, and she has made LOTS of calls particulary to Orange about her old account.

Could it be possible that she has some form of CPS (Carrier Pre-Select) active on the line. This type of thing normally involves dialling another number before the one you want to call and it routes the call through that carrier.
2. The broadband died on the 19th April (as i brought up yesterday). I have since found out that she called Orange yesterday to pay her closing balance on the account, and low and behold the connection was restored.

Orange have no control over the broadband and it's most likely coincidence.
3. I queried the broadband at the very start as her Orange livebox would still let her connect to the internet even though the broadband HAD been taken over, no one seemed to have a definitive answer.

This can happen for a short period at the start of a migration but shouldn't cause any problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thanks for replying CHris
As for question 1, no chance at all. I assume that even though she has the £5 Talk Anytime (or whatever it is package) that calls would still show up, but there is nothing. Incidentally my VMBU has shown nothing since my switch (ticket raised).
Maybe she is getting free calls and my usage isnt being monitored........bonus!!