cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet since 5pm yesterday

coe
Dabbler

No Internet since 5pm yesterday

Hi, posting on another connection in my house using the same exchange centre.
I was running a normal connection that recently got upgraded to max premium with interleaving turned off fine with no problems.
Interleaving was randomly turned back on, requested it to be turned off and was ment to be have been set back to FASTPATH this morning but instead ive had  no internet at all on the line.
ive changed filter, modem used master socket all the normal check that never help to no avail.
could someone please bump my ticket as i really do need this connection working with interleaving turned OFF,  ASAP.
thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No Internet since 5pm yesterday

Probably won't help but worth trying while you wait for a response, turn your router off for half an hour and then try again.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI coe,
I've checked the order my colleague made for interleaving to be turned off and that has definitely completed today. As far as the connectivity issue goes you should visit http://faults.plus.net and raise a fault. You have done all the normal checks so there's obviously something amiss. The ticket you have open is not a fault ticket so it wouldn't be possible for me to bump it as it's a totally different issue.
Jojo Smiley
coe
Dabbler

Hi, jojo.
just done fault checker ends up saying i need new hardware lol....

just thought i wouldnt need to raise another ticket as i thought it would be related to recent change with interleaving.
having said that i think my line is screwed up as another line in my house had double the speed when this line does work.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI coe,
even though 2 lines come from the same exchange speed will still depend on the physical state of the line. It may be the other line is in better condition. If the attenuation on the faulty line is the same as the other one then we should be able to work towards getting the same speed. Once the fault is up and running I can look into it for you a bit and make some recommendations.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Also the two lines may not follow the same route between you and the exchange, especially if they were not both installed at the same time.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
coe
Dabbler

that may be the case, a few years back this line used to have 2mb in speeds but since reusing the line had to be reconnected by bt may be the reason in the changed.
just frustrating, aslong as it works on fastpath im happy, soon i hope Smiley