cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet or Phone

darcy
Grafter

No Internet or Phone

I have an external fault causing no service to my home of internet or phone. Phone is working intermittently now but was not working at all when fault reported. I first noticed this on Sunday 12th.
I was given an estimated repair date of 16th which seems abysmal. ( could be longer or shorter but not looking good at the moment).
Does anyone know at Plusnet when BT openreach will be working on this to resolve it? Can you please contact BT openreach to find out what is going on?
I only get around 1mb speed as it is and now have nothing.
details.....
Fault Type:
Test Results: Fail - Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required)
Description: FAULT - Dis one leg in Network
Fault Ref: TR0000004807166
Estimated Repair Time: 16/07/15 23:59:59
Contact Details: [Removed]

Kind regards,
James Clover

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Internet or Phone

Unfortunately we don't have any way of speeding this up I'm afraid.
The estimated response time is given to us by our suppliers.
I hope we can get this fixed for you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
darcy
Grafter

Thanks Matthew. I just wondered if you could find out if they are actually working on the fault yet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Darcy,  I am afraid to say that Matthew is right.  There is nothing that they can do to speed up open reach.  I will tell you what Matthew and I imagine most Plus Net staff think but cannot say about OpenReach publicly.
openreach are a useless shower of s###e
Come on Matthew, I bet you are nodding your head in agreement as you read this LOL
darcy
Grafter

Ok. I have had no phone or internet since I reported the fault last Sunday. This being Thursday, is the last day they have to repair it and it has not been sorted. They have till midnight apparently but do you see any of those openreach lot working till midnight? Doubt it. So - I am back to square one. I am sick to death of those lot letting me down. Absolutely Sick!!
They are totally unreliable and nobody cares or can help by the looks of it.
I will have to start all over again by reporting this fault again first thing tomorrow.  I have spent hours on the phone today trying to get through to Pkusnet for updates.Doess anyone have the phone number or emaill address of managing director of Openreach- because I am in the mood to let him have it with both barrels !!
Estragon
Rising Star

See this list.
Email address for BT tend to be Firstname.lastname@bt.com, but I don't know for them. Roddy Thomson looks like the directly responsible person, with Joe Garner his boss.
If those don't work, there is a Serious Complaints team pick up emails to the BT Group CEO, gavin.e.patterson@bt.com which happens to break my rule. There must be more than one Gavin Patterson.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see there's a engineer booked for Monday.
I hope we get things fixed for you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team