cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet. Router Showing 172.16 IP address?

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No Internet. Router Showing 172.16 IP address?

It would appear that the issue has now been fully resolved.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Back online here at 10:50. Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: journeys
Re Radius failure:- Internets down couldn’t connect for over an hour, neighbours all down as well, so finally Rang PN for an update (plan my morning).................was referred to website FAQ and status page  BEFORE hearing service announcement.
Am possibly being a bit pedantic but wouldn’t it be better to announce service outages before refereeing to website FAQ and status pages?, they are only recorded messages.
Quote from: BRABUS
@ journeys - you make a valid point.  I wonder if PN will take it on board ?

I wonder?
Anotherone
Champion

Seems they aren't going to take it on board as they aren't responding  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Seems they aren't going to take it on board as they aren't responding

We can actually place service status announcements at any part of the IVR system. We tend to only put them first when the issue could potentially affect all customers. The one referred to here didn't hence it was after the website and FAQ messages as it's fair to say that not all calls to us on that day would have been about the outage we've been discussing on this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We can actually place service status announcements at any part of the IVR system. We tend to only put them first when the issue could potentially affect all customers. The one referred to here didn't hence it was after the website and FAQ messages as it's fair to say that not all calls to us on that day would have been about the outage we've been discussing on this thread.

Adam, the bit I've highlighted is rather a ridiculous thing to say. In theory that means the whole of Plusnet needs to go down before you'd put a Service Status Announcement at the beginning of the messages. The BT Radius Failure on Saturday will have affected 10's of thousands of customers, and I'm sorry, IMHO, for that sort of number of affected customers, the Service Status Announcement should be first.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I fully agree with Anotherone here, if something is likely to affect a significant proportion of customers then the relevant announcement should take precedent.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

In theory that means the whole of Plusnet needs to go down before you'd put a Service Status Announcement at the beginning of the messages

Not really, maybe I could have worded my last reply better. To clarify, with discretion, we'll put something on the start of the IVR if we regard it as impacting a significant portion of the customer base, rather than one that only affects all customers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team