cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - PPP Link Down - This is happening every month!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: No Internet - PPP Link Down - This is happening every month!

I understand the frustration, but bear with it, these things get very tedious to work through. Just remember we'd all be paying a lot more for our broadband if we didn't have "self-install". One thing you can be sure of is that if the fault is external, Plusnet will endeavour to do what they can to get it solved.
Lynnpin
Grafter

I'm still connected - quelle surprise! 
Just had a thought. BT have announced 21CN dates for my exchange of 1st December-31st December 2012.  Do you think my problems could be related to this and the engineers working on the exchange?
Anotherone
Champion

That is certainly a possibility but I would have thought unlikely they would be doing routine work today, nevertheless I'm surprised Plusnet haven't picked up on that BUT you should still replace that cable. And still try an ethernet connection to be certain whether you do or don't have any problems with your own modem/router etc.
Lynnpin
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone.  Will certainly try the cable and report back.  The router is right next to the laptop so it isn't a problem but everyone wants wireless really don't they?
Anotherone
Champion

No, ethernet is much more reliable  Wink
Edit: PS. Have you sent off for your ADSL cable?