cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection for A week

Xenolith
Grafter

No Internet Connection for A week

I've had no ADSL access for over a week now. I obviously raised a support issue as soon as I spotted the problem. My router syncs fine but can't authenticate. Other routers exhibit the same problem on my line. Using the master socket makes no difference.
The issue has been round the house quite a lot with PN Support and, it's fair to say, there have been various mistakes made in trying to get my issue resolved. And, clearly, a lot of delays. Seven whole days with no internet. Imagine that.
As of yesterday evening I've been passed to the "priority team". BT Wholesale did fix something yesterday afternoon in that I can now authenticate using the generic BT test login, but I still can't log in using my own credentials or the PlusNet test login. So it looks like BT Wholesale haven't fixed the issue properly at the exchange (they don't test these things?!) My support ticket suggests an SSB fault, ie. they haven't set things up properly to let me route through to PlusNet.
I'm saying all this here just to express my immense frustration at everything that has happened. I've been bashing my head against a wall for seven days and getting nowhere. My attempts to find out what is going on and seek clarification have often been ignored. My experience of PlusNet support has not been good. I'm sure the individuals involved are working very hard and doing their best but my impression is that they just aren't able to give my issue the attention it needs. It just should not take a week for an issue like this to be resolved. I've heard much talk about "48-72 hour SLAs" but, I repeat, I've been seven whole days now with a line that can sync but not authenticate.
Angry
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Internet Connection for A week

Hi there,
I can see the ticket's been updated now, hope it's resolved soon for you. We'll make sure to keep you posted, and sorry it's still ongoing.
Xenolith
Grafter

Hi,
Well, this morning, my internet connection is finally back. After 8 days of authentication failures. So thanks, at least, for finally sorting it out.
But, to my mind, this whole episode has demonstrated some serious problems in your support process. It appears BT finally took about 12 hours to fix whatever it was that broke or got misconfigured 8 days ago. Yet, somehow, PN managed to stretch 12 hours out to 8 days with a broken connection, passing tickets from team to team, not doing what they said they were going to do etc. For a lot of this time, I've felt in the dark and that no-one was listening. I also felt like I had to keep hassling to get anywhere. Is it coincidence that I've finally been sorted out just after posting on these public forums?
It's all been very unsatisfactory.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry it did take that long, however the fault was raised to our suppliers on the 1st July and it wasn't until an escalation was raised (which was actually being done as I was replying to your post, so I can confidently say the timing was coincidental rather than the fault being fixed due to this thread) that the fault on the exchange equipment was found.
I hope that helps explain, I've also added an update to your ticket.
Xenolith
Grafter

Matt,
OK, thanks for that and thanks for the compensation you have offered. I accept it was just coincidence then. It still remains that your supplier took 6 days to fix the problem, which makes me feel like they weren't being chased up or weren't taking the issue seriously in the first place, especially as they reported it was fixed at one point, when it clearly wasn't.
And while I know BT were the real problem, it's PN I have to deal with because I have no choice. I can't talk to BT. It's a crazy situation, like something out of Catch-22. I can only talk to the people who can't help me. The people who can help me, who are fixing my problem, I can't talk to. Madness!
Hey, ho. Alas, I'm stuck with BT Wholesale where I live. Hopefully not for ever ...