cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre connection since Friday

CMA
Dabbler

No Fibre connection since Friday

My connection dropped on friday and not been able to connect to the internet since. DSL light is out on the modem. Raised tickets on friday and got a reply on Saturday to go through the Broadband Troubleshooter. Styill not had any communication from them on this ticket 44583691 starting to get frustrating and annoying now with no internet all weekend. I had to talk to the missus instead!  Wink
Come on Plus Net, up to now you've been an excellent provider to me, but this is starting to take the wee a little. I bet I dont get a refund for the days I've been without service....
16 REPLIES 16
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Fibre connection since Friday

Hi CMA,
In an attempt to save your wife from anymore punishment I'll endeavour to get this looked at as soon as possible. Wink
Jojo Smiley
CMA
Dabbler

Many thanks Jojo  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I just need to check that your modem is definitely powered up and connected right now?
CMA
Dabbler

The modem is on, powered up and connected to everything. But the DSL light is still off or sometimes flashing.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi CMA,
Actually, to save us a bit of time, can you give me 3 possible engineers times either 8.00am-1.00pm or 1pm-6pm Monday to Friday. You can select 2 slots on the same day if you wish.
Jojo Smiley
CMA
Dabbler

Tues PM
Weds AM
Thurs AM
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Smiley
CMA
Dabbler

"Testing has revealed an issue on your line but unfortunately not the cause. As such we've raised your fault to our suppliers for further tests. We'll let you know as soon as an update is available which we expect to be in 48-72 hours. Thank you in advance for your patiecne and understanding. "

Another 72 hours without internet, the poor missus will be going crazy having to endure me talking to her....  Sad
So far 4 days without internet and counting.... how long till divorce?  Tongue  Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

One of the faults guys is going to ring you shortly Smiley
p.s. I had a word with your wife and told her that you would pay for a spa weekend for her once it was all sorted Wink
CMA
Dabbler

THanks for that Jojo, I'll sent you a claim form in for the cost  Tongue
On a slight side note, I've just clicked the wrong link and closed the call by accident.  Undecided Yes I know I'm daft, I blame the chattering about Spa weekends I'm get from the missus distracting me.... could you re-open it for me please.  (44583691)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI CMA,
Hmm, looks like you'll definitely be footing the spa bill!
I've opened a new ticket (44690712) as I can't re-open the old one, but have put all the relevant information, so it won't affect anything.
Jojo Smiley
stone793

My Fibre Broadband link also dropped out on Friday, I reported it on Sunday, having waited for any BT fault to rectify itself.  The help desk ran some tests and reported that indeed the Broadband link was down and the call would be picked up on Monday by the technical team.  It's now Tuesday, the call (#44612480) has not been updated at all.  So I phoned for an update. The help desk reported that I have to wait for 72 hours from the time of the call for the fault to be properly tested!  How long does it really take to find a fault that has already indicated that the Broadband link is down?
I asked to speak to a manager, I was fobbed of with "he has just said he can not add anything else and indicated that you will have to wait for the 72 hours to elapse".
I then asked for the e-mail address for complaints...  The answer?  "Log into your account on Plusnet web site and follow the links to complaints"  HOW? 
Luckily, I have a broadband dongle for work, its very slow but allows me to rant further.
Now come on Plusnet, show me, as your customer for many many years of how you earn all those awards for your customer service and sort out my fault quicker than you are.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stone793,
We have to make sure that faults are looked at in the order they are raised, to make it fair for everyone. I've just asked the FTTC guys when we'll get to it and they said ti should be picked up today.
Jojo Smiley