Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DSL light fault resolution

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No DSL light fault resolution

That's why we've jumped on it as soon as we were able to. Unfortunately though the only way to deal with our supplier is to follow their processes, hence the need to order the service again.
Removing the fibre faceplate should be fine, it's easy enough to put back on if need be as well - though to be honest, if it doesn't work with the router in the fibre socket then I'd be surprised if it was there in the test socket.
The provisioning agent who's looking after this for you should be updating the ticket later on with details of the expedite, if not this evening then definitely tomorrow.
gary396
Grafter

The point is Matt nobody picked up on it last night when I reported it or this morning. I was only alerted to the cancellation of my fibre provision this afternoon. Had it been picked earlier then I might not be having to wait until Friday (hopefully) for a BT engineer. I could go on but it won't get me anywhere now will it. The provisioning agent is on the case so will see what Friday brings.
Still doesn't explain why if I've been reverted to my old broadband why it isn't working. Hope nothing else is amiss!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I'd be surprised if BT OR had actually reverted you to ADSL. From what I read, rather than just cancel the engineer for the fibre install that you already had, they cancelled the whole order. That presumably ceased the Fibre that was already installed,  I can't see why that would cause a reversion to ADSL but I may be wrong...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was looking at the profile update records on our supplier's side, which showed a jump up to 40Mb and then dropped back down to ~24Mb, this also showed the provided service changing to FTTC and then back to ADSL2+. Not sure why though, but that's what I was going from.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Obviously you've got access to more information than me Matt, but it just seems odd to me that BTOR/BTw would take it upon themselves to revert back to ADSL2 without an explicit order to do so. All they seemed to have was an order to provide Fibre, which apparently they already had done, and in an attempt to avoid a wasted engineer visit PN got them to see sense and agree that Fibre was already active. They then messed up and cancelled the order rather than just marking it as complete. I just don't see why they would reprovide ADSL under those circumstances and the fact that the OP doesn't seem to have DSL synch tends to confim that...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Here's the report I was looking at, attached at the bottom. My apologies, it never updated from ADSL2+ but those are blatantly fibre sync rates showing there, which then drop back to ADSL2+ levels, hence my initial assumption.
Either way though this isn't helping the current situation - though not a lot will, apart from getting the order expedited and completed. I concur though, it's definitely weird.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

though not a lot will, apart from getting the order expedited and completed
I absolutely agree, and I assume provisioning are actively chasing that up as we speak. I'm just concerned that gary396 isn't given false hope that he still has an ADSL service and that if BT think that also, then they might not give any priority to expedite.
That report is VERY strange!. It would appear that BT never acknowledged the change to Fibre, which sort of makes sense in that they still thought an install was required.
That last synch speed is odd though, 20Mb is way too high considering it was originally at 6.5Mb. It looks more like a low Fibre synch than an ADSL2 synch.
Anyway I'll let you guys get on with sorting out the mess Smiley 

gary396
Grafter

Quick update - spoke to PN last night (14th) who had arranged, subject to confirmation, for BT engineer to attend on Friday (16th) to reinstate the fibre connection and close the job down as completed. Not happy with having to wait another day without internet but in fairness to PN they'd pulled all the stops out and BT were the stumbling block saying the couldn't schedule it for the Thursday.
Anyway, still no internet this morning when I checked about 8am (not expected to be on as above) but by 9am it was mysteriously back on - a day before the BT engineer is due to attend (now confirmed for Friday afternoon). So it would appear that someone at BT decided they could 'flick the appropriate switch' after all. Being using it on/off all day and no obviously problems - download speed just checked (wireless) at about 36Mbps - nowhere near the max but that is wireless via the Technicolor router (don't know if that makes a difference) and I can settle for that. Must test a wired connection one day. Got a call from PN mentioning that they had also noticed the re-connection but agreed to still wait for BT engineer tomorrow to attend, check and hopefully clear the job down without disconnecting me this time. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad the expedite meant we could get it back on for you before the weekend, hope it all goes without a hitch this time.