cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection

valart
Grafter

No Connection

My connection to the internet went down for about two hours this evening all the lights on my router were on but could not connect I have been a customer with you for some time now and this must be the longest time without a connection,I just wondered if there was a prblem with the exchange and if you might be able to find what was the problem.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No Connection

Have you tried rebooting the router and/or the computer if you only have one connected
Before doing that can you access the router from the computer
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yeah, a reboot should do the trick. We've had a few issues with one or two access racks today, so a reboot should put you on a different one and get you back up and running.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

A Gateway hop would be a better option to try first  Wink
Login to your modem/router Interface and in the Internet box click on Disconnect to drop your Internet Session from the current Gateway. Then refresh the page and click Connect to establish a new session.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I was assuming either a computer or router problem as all the lights on the router were green but he had no internet
Hence my question as to whether he could contact the router - if he couldn't the the normal recommendation wouldn't apply
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi valart,
As per the above, if your router says you're connected but you're not getting anything actually passing through the connection then following Anotherone's advice above will get things working again. If it's something different please let us know what's happening and we'll look into it for you (if the lights are on but you're not logged in and reconnecting doesn't sort it then it might be an authentication issue, there's a few things we could try if that's the case).
valart
Grafter

I have just switched on my computer today and I have noticed your replies and I thank you for that,I did reboot my router last thing yesterday evening and I was connected again it seemed odd that all my green lights were alight on my router this as never happened beforebut I will do a Gateway hop, in the past when my line as dropped at certain times which is not very often and have been told to change the filters try a new router and do the socket test if it happens that my connection drops most of the time that is different so I am glad to leave things as they are.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK,
Just let us know if you need any further support with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team