cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection For Over 30 Hours

BillyS

No Connection For Over 30 Hours

My broadband was activated on Wednesday.  I expected there to be the odd connection drop but it's been down for over a day now.  Is this normal and are these router settings correct?
- image retracted -
Thanks very much!
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No Connection For Over 30 Hours

Hi BillyS,
I can see quite a lot of errors on your line, 875 to be exact. It may be worth trying an alternative microfilter, although I am aware this should not prevent you from connecting generally anyway.
From the Auth side of things, it looks as though the authentication servers rejected your Username and/or Password at some stage, I'm not sure if you had maybe typed it in incorrectly at all?
BillyS

I swapped the microfilter with a new one and still had issues.  There is a splitter going into the phone line port to split the phone line between Sky and the phone - I've taken that out and just plugged the phone in and it seems to be working fine.
Do you know any way to have a phone, router and Sky running from one socket without problems?
Edit:  It is very slow though:

Is this likely to improve during the next 10 days?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Try double filtering the Sky box connection
To explain
Phone socket
Filter one has the router attached
Filter 2 plugged into the phone socket on the first filter
Sky splitter plugged into the 2nd filter and then the phone and Sky cable into the Sky splitter
BillyS

Connection's dropped now (since about a minute after my last message and counting...).  Phoned PlusNet and am now waiting for their assessment (up to 72 hours).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I can see we've got the fault which has had interleaving applied automatically. I can see this hasn't affected the issue so I've passed it back through for testing and escalation, we'll update you as soon as we have any more information for you.
BillyS

I haven't managed to get a full day of connection since signing up.  Whilst it has improved (I only need to reset my router a couple of times a day), there is obviously still a problem.
And now I can't even get on the PlusNet website!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Billy Syrett
I'm glad to see the fault is back with our suppliers and that one of my colleagues on the faults team gave you a call this morning. We're seeing a high number of errors on tests again so this does narrow down what can be looked at. You should have another update within the next 48-72 hours.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team