cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband

danny

No Broadband

I am transferring from Madasafish to Plusnet today having recieved an e mail telling me my line was now active. I followed the instructions to the letter but the router didn't complete the task and  couldn't get the Technicolour log in box to accept my user/pass words. I called tech support and after much "huffing and puffing"  got no where so they said they would send me a new router. When i put my old router back on it will not connect so it is possible that the fault is elsewhere, is there anyway of finding out if my exchange is working ok (01900)
I am using a dongle in my laptop to post this.  Danny
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No Broadband

Hi Danny,
Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing here.
Just to clarify, when you have logged into your router is your ADSL Username and Password as below:
Username: plusnetusername@plusdsl.net
Password: Your Plusnet Password
Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help.
danny

Yes thats correct Chris, where i go from here i have no idea. I have an active ticket open with Madasafish about disconnections but whether this is connected i have no idea. What bothers me is that Madasafish have "switched me off" and Plusnet have yet to switch me on!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not in the office at the moment but I'd be more than happy to take a look for you tomorrow morning?
danny

Thank you that would be much  appreciated. Meanwhile i'm off to have a lie down in a darkened room!!!
danny

I have no internet access still this morning although it is the switch date Chris and there is a red light showing on the router.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Just looking into this now for you.
Edit:
Would you be able to run through the router setup procedure again please and hit the connect button?
danny

Chris, I have done that, i got the green power light, then a green b/b light and before i could connect the ethernet cable the red light appeared on the internet one. I plugged in the cable and after 35 mins its still flashing, i suppose thats because there is no internet?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your time on the phone, I'm glad we've managed to get that sorted out.
If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know Smiley
danny

Still looking good Chris, thanks again.