cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband

FIXED
rosey57

No Broadband

Can some staff member have a look at my mothers ticket 184454945 it was raised on sunday with an estimated 14hrs reply.

It has now been 3 days and still no reply.

My mother is basically housebound (numerous operations etc last few years and relies on internet for online shopping etc).

The switchover was on the 08/11 phone switched but still no broadband. Broadband has not been activated.

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: No Broadband

Hi @rosey57,

I'm sorry you've been having issues. I can definitely get this resolved for you and make sure service is activated asap for your Mum.

There's no way to sugar coat this but the issue with the lack of broadband is because our system hasn't placed a broadband order, ordinarily these are placed simultaneously with the telephone line orders to activate them both at the same time. There are some occasions where these kind of orders fail in Openreach's systems in which case it should get returned to be manually placed by a human. This latter part hasn't happened which has left us all in the situation we're in currently 

I've placed this order now and have created this new ticket to personally monitor it completes for you as it should. I'll request a fast track with BT Wholesale to get the service completed as soon as possible for you, unfortunately it's past the cut off for the request to be accepted with them to complete the order tomorrow, so the earliest date it will complete will be Friday 16th. 

Just an FYI the ticket that you've raised is a high level escalation ticket, when you raised this it notifies you above the text box that complaint tickets have a 5 working day response time. I've nudged someone in the HLE team but this is why there hasn't been a response just yet. The ticket I've raised will be dealt with separately as to not interfere with your complaint.  

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @rosey57

Just to keep you updated I've had confirmation from Openreach today that the broadband will be live and working at some point tomorrow. I'll let you know once it's complete. Let me know if you need anything. 

rosey57

Thanks for sorting this out JOLO. Just one question my mom says she has had a text of plusnet saying service goes live on 21/11 (is that just an automated response). So hopefully it will all be hunkydory tomorrow and the old dear will stop catching taxis back and forth to use my internet lol. Once again thanks.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @rosey57,

It's no problem. Yes please tell your Mum to ignore that text. It was just the automated system (as this would have been the standard completion date), but as we've gotten a fast track through it is unable to pick up the fast tracked date. Ignore the text and any automated email for now, thanks. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @rosey57,

I've now had confirmation that the order's completed so your Mum should be able to connect. Any issues then please let us know.