cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband

lenny
Grafter

No Broadband

After all the problems with my line and 4 engineer visits I thought I was sorted , but my broadband went of last night at 10pm and has not returned ,
Contacted customer support at 7.30am this morning  ,he ran a few test confirmed he could here crackling on the line tried resetting the broadband connection  but nothing ,told me I now must wait for the faults team to contact  me in 24/72  hours . All the lights are on the router apart  from  the Internet light,  tried different  routers in the test socket but still the same
My  ticket numbers is 108105504
Thanks if some one could take a look at this and post here please
chris
25 REPLIES 25
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: No Broadband

Is your line rental with Plusnet?
lenny
Grafter

Yes all with plusnet
Estragon
Rising Star

That's good. It can get messy if with someone else, as usually it is better/quicker to aim to fix the crackly line as a voice fault. Nearly always that clears the broadband problem.
lenny
Grafter

Cheers
my snr has now jumped to 12 from 6 and speed reported has fallen from 4450 to 2980 still showing dsl light on the router but no Internet light
this has been posted in my questions
Dear Mr Lenthall,
Intermittent crackling heard on the line after running BBFC, NFF found in SI
Kind regards,
Xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
lenny
Grafter

my internet has just returned ,
can i get my snr reset please back to 6
lenny
Grafter

Spoke to soon it's all gone of again Angry dsl light flashing and no Internet light , definitely  a problem
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, so if there is crackling on the phone line we need to sort that first. Until that's fixed it's likely that your broadband will continue to disconnect/perform poorly.
I've tested the phone line a couple of times and it's not reporting any faults, but that just means it's not detecting any.
Is there crackling on the phone line when you plug a handset in to the master socket? Is there any visible damage to the line/socket etc?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lenny
Grafter

I have just had a corded phone into the master socket and done a quiet line test and no crackling heard , the router has been changed and the symptoms are the same , there are no filters just a mk 3 fast plate . No damage ,no cracks or split cables ,was working fine until about 10.20pm last night
The router keeps connecting then dropping the connection , I have tried a reset of the router but this has not helped ,still connecting then dropping the connection
At least it's keeping the wife from buying more bloody shoes Grin
lenny
Grafter

Still no broadband
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From what we can see the line is showing as in sync but it's the PPP (authentication) that's dropping out. Which lights go off on the router?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lenny
Grafter

I have power light and 2 Erthnet lights lit , I have WiFi lit , the dsl is lit steady  then starts flashing then steady the Internet light is out but will light up for a few seconds then goes out for 5/ 10 minuets then repetes the sequence,
I have tried another router and that is the same
lenny
Grafter

Is there anything I have to do at my end
lenny
Grafter

Anybody before you all go home Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Our tests are showing a high amount of errors on the line but it's not finding any issues with the phone line.
What's the weather like there? I suspect it could be a intermittent weather related fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team