Did you mean: 

No Broadband since 17th July

FIXED
markyh
Dabbler

No Broadband since 17th July

Hi all, 

Long story..

I got a new phone plan with BT which started on the 17th July, and originally included Broadband but I didn't need it, so they said they would cancel the Broadband part of the deal.  However, come the  17th my internet connection died, at 3:30am.

I originally contacted BT that morning, asking them what they had done to my internet, to which they said nothing, we just cancelled the order on the new plan, so nothing should have changed. I'm pretty sure at this stage they did something. 

I contacted Plusnet on the 18th, explained the situation, and was told they needed to do a reset or something, and it would take 4 working days.

I am still without Broadband. 

My router is a Tplink. All settings are correct, and router has been switched off and back on again, reset and given a severe talking to, several times. 

I says I have connected but there is no internet access.

The DNS it picks up are DNS Primary 62.6.38.125 Secondary 194.74.65.98 (BT DNS not Plusnets?) and my IP 172.20.... which is incorrect as this a private IP range I think. 

All i get is this page titled Titled "BT Home - your gateway into BT" at http://62.6.38.125/index.html

I've followed the Fault guide on here. 

My research (mainly google) seems to point too the circuit needs to be rebuilt on the RAS (Radius Authentication Server)

I tried raising a ticket this morning, but ended up at a page thanking me for confirming my Broadband works. Must have pressed the wrong answer...

Help needed people. 

26 REPLIES 26
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: No Broadband since 17th July

Hi @markyh 

Really sorry to hear that this is going on. 

I can see we left a ticket on your account explaining when the service should be up and running back on the 18th - please click here to view this. 

Thanks, 

markyh
Dabbler

So 5 working days, not 4 as I was told. I'll try again tomorrow. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

I'm really sorry for any misinformation which was provided @markyh 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Do not hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need ever need more assistance. 

Thanks 

markyh
Dabbler

Still no joy this morning. Getting fed up with it as I have had to spend £60 on a mobile hub hotspot so the wife can work from home. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@markyh wrote:

So 5 working days, not 4 as I was told. I'll try again tomorrow. 

So what happened here … BT Retail trashed the broadband service and left Plusnet to clean up the mess … leaving the user without broadband because the process controlled by BT Wholesale has no fast track recovery from a foul-up.  All that can be done is a standard working service take over.

Madness which Ofcom seem incapable of improving.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear about what's happened @markyh

I've submitted a request to our suppliers to expedite the re-provide order.

If accepted I'd expect it should complete tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
markyh
Dabbler

"If accepted"

Great... I won't hold my breath. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately our suppliers have rejected the expedite request due to type of order we've placed.

Digging into this I can see the order is a migration order, we're taking over a service from another provider.

Due to regulations we can't fast track this as the lead time must be a minimum of 10 working days.

Admittedly I should've checked that before submitting the expedite. Sad I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
markyh
Dabbler

Whooo hang on there @Gandalf! This isn't a migration problem. Are you being serious? I had Broadband with you already! I had already changed provider and had a working internet connection with Plusnet!!  How on Earth is this a migration order? You better sort this out today and stop messing me about and coming up with excuses. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As we've had to place a migration order on your line to re-provide the service, this means that your service was ceased by another provider taking over the service, so we're essentially taking it back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
markyh
Dabbler

@Gandalf your taking back your own service? How does that work? Please explain.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Another provider placed an order to takeover your service so they're now owning the line.
We've placed an order to take the line back. The lead time for migration orders between ISPs is 10 working days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
markyh
Dabbler

I have not received any notice or requested another provider to take over my line. On the 18th you owned the line, as the line was checked. I've had no internet since the 17th.  Please provide details of time travel as I'm  confused.  Yes, I'm being sarcastic as I am getting tired of being fobbed of with patronising excuses everytime. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll provide more detail to the ticket on your account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet