cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband no phone no online help

boosbeck

No Broadband no phone no online help

broadband went down yesterday morning nothing new so didn't panic as only had power light on router decided router had died so brought new one then realised needed info off account to setup opps no landline try calling in no hope  get on line via help from next door and live chat not working  been waiting over 30mins on my mobile not happy 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: No Broadband no phone no online help

Take the front section off your BT master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the Test socket. Plug a known working phone in here without a filter and see if it works. If you can't make calls then report a phone, not broadband fault. Until this is fixed you will get no broadband. If the phone does work plug a filter in the Test socket and see if both the phone and broadband now work.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

boosbeck

tried that  now been on hold for over 1 hr on my mobile

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you're at home, I would have made the call from the landline which has the bonus of testing whether that is working ok - for example if there was any noise on the line. If there was you'd notice.

Sorry to hear about your wait, but I suppose Saturday day is always going to be a busy time for anything.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

I can see you got through to our support team regarding this and the issue should now be resolved?

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team