cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband Connection today..

katkinrose

No Broadband Connection today..

Hi, I cannot connect to the internet at all today, everything was fine last night...The phone has a dial tone..  I have switched the router on and off a couple of times but it has not made any difference..Can someone please advice me what to do, thank you..  We are 60+ and not too familiar with this sort of thing..
5 REPLIES 5
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Broadband Connection today..

Hi katkinrose,
I'm sorry to hear that you've lost connection to the service.
I've just checked the line for you and can see that you had a long connection which suddenly ended at 1am this morning and there hasn't been a connection attempt since which could mean there are a few different causes for the drop in connection. Ideally this would be better resolved if you could call us and speak with our support team on 0800 432 0200. They should be able to talk you through the checks to help determine the cause of the problem and help you to get it fixed.
Alternatively, do you have any lights on the router at all?
If the telephone service up and running and can you make/receive calls on it?
Has anything been unplugged in the early hours of the morning?
Are you aware of any ongoing works in your local area?
katkinrose

Hi, Thank you for your reply...All lights are lit on the router but the internet light flashes green and then goes red and then goes off...and then repeats...Nothing has been plugged in or out...we have not touched anything....I have switched it on and off a few times but nothing changes...I have no idea about any local works..The phone line is working ok...So do not understand what on earth has happened..
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This is quite odd then because the router sounds like it's making attempts to connect however we can't see any connection attempts on our side and testing the connection in our diagnostics seems to allow a connection so I can only think that maybe the router has dropped the settings (most prominently the username).
Given this you can either follow this guide (most notably secon 5) to log in and input the details however it may be easier for you to call the support team as they can talk you through this step by step.
ericgripp
Grafter

Hi Adam and OP
Not knowing what area the OP is, surely it cant be a coincidence tat there connection went down just after 1 am when scheduled maintenance took place ? just a thought.
katkinrose

Hi, I have been out all afternoon and have just now tried to connect and it is working ok...I am in Wakefield...I also have a dongle that I use and that was not staying connected for more than a few seconds either....all very strange...but maybe the maintenance that was done after 1am  had something to do with it...Many Thanks for your help and replies, if there are any further issues ,, I shall let you know...