cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BB connection

Surfer
Grafter

No BB connection

My connection dropped out this morning at about 10.15am and now if I try and logged in it comes up with a TF582N page asking for a username and password. Entering the Plusnet username & password does not help.  Is there something I should be doing?
6 REPLIES 6
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No BB connection

I had the same. turned router off for a few mins and then back on and everything seems ok now.
milkycakes

Same here. Several restarts still nothing.  Embarrassed
Surfer
Grafter

Tried turning off the router, but still nothing except the TG582N page coming up.  I have no idea what username or password it requires?  I tried phoning Plusnet but have been hanging on for about 20 minutes.
RossStrachan
Grafter

I went off this am just before 10AM - switched off for 5 mins and then restarted had no broadband light and was not able to logon to the router until around 10:15 then it all started to work again. some minor outage presumably.
MsDizzie
Grafter

There was a network blip at around 10am this morning. Took a wee while to recover, but looks OK at the moment (too many online shoppers  Tongue )
https://portal.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml
Surfer
Grafter

Now working.  Apparently Plusnet sent an update to the modem which then shut it down.  It took nearly half an hour before someone was able to help.  It would have helped if they updated the service status with a message what to do if your router switched off.  I am still none the wiser as to why if came up with that TG582N page asking for a username and password?
I am lucky in that I have a mobile BB and can log into the website and also forum to get answers, but what happens if you cannot and do not have the Plusnet number to hand?