Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ATM Detected

knowdice
Rising Star

Re: No ATM Detected

Quote from: johnmailer
Phoned Sky today and they said I have not been moved to the Sky network and am still on BT.

Whoever re-jumpered you at the exchange has disabled your BT/Plusnet Internet access - so get back to SKY and tell them that this problem came about after the phone line was swapped to them.
Probably talking rubbish -but- it seems like there are two ways you can be re-jumpered.
Either where your line comes in to the exchange or after the DSLAM (Broadband equipment).
Looks like you connection to SKY has been taken before the DSLAM rather than after, I don't know if that's possible, but if SKY are saying that you are still on BT for Internet it sounds like it is.
Some light reading - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/telephone_exchange.htm
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnmailer,
I've sent a reply to your PM as well as sending you an email/ticket for you attention.
Jojo Smiley
johnmailer

Hi, I really don't understand how changing my phone line provider can cause issues like this and gonna cost me £65 unless I start a new 12month contract, already cost me £40 with sky to switch from BT. I feel like I am being ripped off left right and centre here. My contract started at the end of feb11 so with me only 3 months away I am jut going to let my contract run out and move to another Internet provider.
knowdice
Rising Star

You have one pair of wires that come from the exchange to your house.
The two providers SKY and Plusnet (BT) need to coordinate such that one can provide your telephone and one your broadband....this didn't happen...
Get back to SKY again and tell them that they are responsible for this problem and for them to sort it out.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: johnmailer
I really don't understand how changing my phone line provider can cause issues like this

Hi Johnmailer,
EDIT: Apologies, it's not LLU related in this case. It seems Sky have renumbered the line which involved a stop/start - this strips all assets off the line and starts it as if it's a new one (broadband is regarded as a phone line asset so I'm afraid in this case it's been removed). We can provide the service again as per the details Jojo put on your ticket.