cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ATM Detected

johnmailer

No ATM Detected

Hi,
I have moved over from BT to SKY for my phone line and since doing this middle of last week I have been getting no interner, the light flashes green for a couple of seconds and then goes off, it is one of the Thomson routers.
If I login into the router it says no ATM has been detected?
Can anyone help as I hate paying for something I am not receiving.
Thanks in Advance
19 REPLIES 19
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No ATM Detected

Hi johnmailer,
Sky may well have moved your phone line away from the BT network onto their own equipment, in that case your internet would go off. Are you aware if that was the case?
Jojo Smiley
johnmailer

No I was not aware that this may have happened, what do I need to do to get it working again?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You'd need Sky to move it back off their own exchange equipment and back onto BTs I'm afraid.
johnmailer

Jojo why would it go off?
Matt, thanks and what happens if they say they can't move it back to BT as I am sure they may try that and then get me to switch my broadband to go with them?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnmailer,
Your broadband will go off because it seems SKY have physically moved your line from BT equipment over to theirs, as the broadband is supplied from BT equipment it no longer has a line to be provided on. Because of this you will either have to have your broadband with them or bring your phone line back to us, you can't have both.
Jojo Smiley
knowdice
Rising Star

John should have been warned about this by SKY when he moved service, so back to SKY to find out why they didn't tell him...
johnmailer

What a pain!
Is this Sky's way of trying to get people with Sky taking out broadband with Sky?
So plusnet won't work with sky?
So am I right in thinking I am stuck in a contract with Plusnet and Sky and to move from either it is going to cost me?
Method0ne
Grafter

That depends, if you weren't aware/informed that your broadband would not work with the sky telephone line, you may be able to get the line switched back without any further cost to yourself, depends how nice they're feeling when you call them though I'd expect.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi John,
The only way we could move it back would be to place an order to transfer the phone back to us (and then most likely place another order for the broadband) for which we wouldn't be able to waive the costs I'm afraid. It'd definitely be worth calling Sky to find out what's going on and if they can move the service back onto BT equipment, they should be able to do that and maintain control over the phone whilst leaving the broadband with us as far as I know.
Good luck Smiley
johnmailer

Think I may have figured it out, not sure why I didn't realise this in the first place but my number has changed now so that is probably why it won't work.
I have updated it in my account settings, will that automatically sort it? Or do Plusnet have to do something?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That almost certainly means that your line is now on the Sky LLU (connected to their equipment in the exchange rather than BT's) so you won't be able to have Plusnet broadband
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnmailer,
I've checked the number in a couple of different BT checkers and it's definitely an LLU number. Unfortunately when a phone line is moved to LLU any BT based broadband services are removed and as Jim says you won't be able to get a BT based service (including ours) onto the line unless it's moved back.
johnmailer

Phoned Sky today and they said I have not been moved to the Sky network and am still on BT.
The easiest option would be to cancel the line with sky (would a 14 day change of mind period be in place)? and connect to plusnet for my phone line?
The other option to end my contract with Plusnet that started in Feb 11 and that would cost me a couple months internet? right?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you still got the same phone number/can you send it me via PM please? Smiley